Thread: Ammo Cans

Team_LiquidCache Guest

Ammo Cans

I just wanted to see how many people are in need of ammo cans? I have a source where I may be able to get the larger size cans. They measure about 8 X 7 X 12 or so. I would have to buy them in bulk so I would want to pre-sell some before ordering them. I might be able to get them under $9 a piece. Is anyone interested in this? Like I said, I have a source, but due to the quantity I would be getting I was wondering how many people would be interesed and how many cans people would need.

GEO Guest

4.99 Here

I can get them here for 4.99 each.

The 8X12X36 are 14.99 each.
    The Local Army Surplus.

DarkKnight Guest
    Yeah I can get them for $5/$6 bucks around here and the larger ones are like $10.99 or so.........

Looks like I've got a good deal going here. I can get the small ones for $3.50 and the next size larger is $4.50....
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

southdeltan Guest
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com

Sixpack of 30 Caliber Cans. It's one of the cheapest places online.

If you only buy the 6 pack - it comes out to 6 cans for roughly $28 (or $4.67 per can). If you buy more, the s/h per container goes down a bit.

If you can't get them cheaper in your area - give them a try. I've used them and was very happy with their service. The cans were in pretty good shape. A few had minimal rust but that's to be expected. I know that many geocachers use them.

I also recieve catalogs from Major surplus and survival.

They have some deals on Ammo cans too. I'm not sure what their shipping/handling charges are and I haven't done business with them but they appear to be a reputable company.

southdeltan

DarkKnight Guest
    A good supply of Decon Boxes would be of use. I have looked at cheaperthandirt.com, but haven't had any luck tracking them down. They are pretty neat little containers, just wish I had one or two of my own.

DK

Phantom_491 Guest
    I've gotten my Ammo Cans, and D-Con boxes from an Army surplus store over in Hooks Texas. It's located right off I-30. Warning if you're headed West and you pass the store you've gone too far.

He sells the DCon boxes for $1.00, and ammo cans run $3 to $9 and up depending on the size.

Here is a place to get Decon containers for $1.79 Decon Containers
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

I also get ammo cans for $3-$5 each depending on size.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!