Thread: New from Conway

New from Conway

Just started Wenesday... Love it !!! First find was "Out by the shop" by BSA534. Have looked for serveral more in the area but to no avail. Not sure if I can't find or they have been removed/taken. Currently using I-phone not sure how accurate it is on compass... Will be in the market for a handheld GPS. I have been researching serveral. Any reconmendations?????

Wished I would have started in 2008 when I bought my first GPS for motorcycle. Have rode many miles from then till now could have searched many places

Look forward to meeting others...

Cheers

The explorist GC is a good cheap GPS receiver. We have one and usually do pretty well in the accuracy contests at Arkgeo events. I highly recommend it for a starter unit.

Also WELCOME! You won't find a better bunch of people anywhere. There are plenty of great caches in and around Conway. I'm sure you'll have a blast there. If you're ever in Russellville and want a tour of some of our favorites, we could easily make a weekend of them all

And if you have the time and you're so inclined, feel free to register as a voting member at http://arkgeocaching.org/voting_booth.php?do=register

Looking forward to seeing you on the trails!

Kevin

robynnfaughnan Guest
    Hi! I just started Wed too! I use an iphone 4 and it does great for me. Can be a little slow at times but I've found 16 so far! I'm in Jacksonville and we have "Dirty Shoes" and "A Night in Paradise". BOTH excellent!! Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome Did you get your GC on line or store?

Quote Originally Posted by robynnfaughnan View Post
    Hi! I just started Wed too! I use an iphone 4 and it does great for me. Can be a little slow at times but I've found 16 so far! I'm in Jacksonville and we have "Dirty Shoes" and "A Night in Paradise". BOTH excellent!! Good luck!
    Thanks robynnfaugnan for the welcome

On a whim one day, we decided to give geocaching a shot. Being in Russellville, there weren't a lot of choices for units so we drove all the way to Little Rock Target to buy it.

We've been hooked ever since.

Welcome to our world! There are a lot of great Caches in Conway. We are from the Jacksonville area. Glad to have you on board!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    On a whim one day, we decided to give geocaching a shot. Being in Russellville, there weren't a lot of choices for units so we drove all the way to Little Rock Target to buy it.

We've been hooked ever since.
    Sweet Thanks. Think I am going to head to LR this evening to look for one....AFTER a little caching around Conway. Going to try my garmen Nuvi 660 that I use on bike to see if it help Im determined to find those that I could not find this week (prob trying to hard) lol

Also a good reason to RIDE !!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by thefab5willisclan View Post
    Welcome to our world! There are a lot of great Caches in Conway. We are from the Jacksonville area. Glad to have you on board!
    Thanks for the welcome. It is an interesting world for sure!!!

dexterjg Guest
    Welcome to Conway and Geocaching. I use the iphone 3 more than my hand held right now, but I do have a Garmin 60CS. It works pretty good for me. Shout if you need any help on Conway or any other caches.