Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand New to Geocaching from Jacksonville!!

robynnfaughnan Guest

Brand New to Geocaching from Jacksonville!!

Hi guys! I'm Robynn and my husband is stationed at LRAFB. We have been here about 15 months so far. I've always wanted to start caching but just never found the time. My husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan so in the boredom I decided to just jump in. Yesterday (8/22/12) was the first time I've ever done it! My 3 3/4 year old son went and found 6 caches in Jacksonville and Cabot. We've done Touchy Subject (Where I got my AWESOME Dr. Who card!!), Chirp Chirp, Born Twice - Mt Chapel, look out below, Out of Ink, and Harris Road #5. We were unable to find Bee Kind, More Power to You, and Wal. SLAP. I've started my hunt for Time's Up and need to figure out the right coordinates for the second part. Brain busting! I really enjoy this and it's become SOO addicting for both my pirate son and I! I look forward to meeting some of you in the future! Happy hunting!

Welcome robynnfaughnan!
    Woodwalker and I live in Jacksonville. Hope we see you out on the caching trail soon.
    Send me a message or post here if you have any questions. BEWARE: This game is very addicting!

Welcome! Based on the Wal. SLAP name, I'll bet that you love it once you figure it out. I know I walked away with a grin on my first find of that type.

We are in Russellville, but if you're ever in this area we'd love to take you to some of our local favorites!

First off Thank you and your husband for his service to our Country. We hope and pray for his safe return home. We Love all of our Millitary men and women past and present.

Now back to Geocaching! Welcome! We too, live in Jacksonville. Well north of Jacksonville. If you ever have any questions just ask. We are all on here because we love to Geocache!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

robynnfaughnan Guest
    Thank you! It IS addicting!! This is day 3 in a row! I did try to find your Bee Kind on Wed. and it was nowhere to be found. I marked it as DNF when I checked back into the app. woodwalkers More Power to You didn't seem to be there either. lol Maybe I'm just missing them!

robynnfaughnan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    Welcome! Based on the Wal. SLAP name, I'll bet that you love it once you figure it out. I know I walked away with a grin on my first find of that type.

We are in Russellville, but if you're ever in this area we'd love to take you to some of our local favorites!
    I was there for almost 30 min. LOL I'll have to go back and see if I can find it again. If we are ever up that way I'll let you know!! I'd LOVE to see some of your favs!

robynnfaughnan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thefab5willisclan View Post
    First off Thank you and your husband for his service to our Country. We hope and pray for his safe return home. We Love all of our Millitary men and women past and present.

Now back to Geocaching! Welcome! We too, live in Jacksonville. Well north of Jacksonville. If you ever have any questions just ask. We are all on here because we love to Geocache!
    Thank you SO much! The geocaching community has been VERY inviting and warm. I actually met another cacher yesterday at Paradise Lost. I did CITO bc water had gotten into it and nearly destroyed everything. I saved what I could! Hopefully I can start hiding soon as well! when is the next local meeting?? That would be GREAT!

Welcome to the caching community!!! Can't wait for you to find out what a S.L.A.P is!!! Let us no your reaction!! As for a local event - ArkGeo will be sponsoring a Meet and Greet in Bryant, Arkansas on October 6th. That would be a good time to meet local cachers. Also, not scheduled yet, but we'll probably be having a C.A.G.E. (Central Arkansas GeocachErs) event or meet and greet the later part of October (maybe sooner). If someone wants to volunteer up in the NLR or Jacksonville area to host it, please let me know or post it as an event!! Again, welcome to this crazy game!

robynnfaughnan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwhite View Post
    Welcome to the caching community!!! Can't wait for you to find out what a S.L.A.P is!!! Let us no your reaction!! As for a local event - ArkGeo will be sponsoring a Meet and Greet in Bryant, Arkansas on October 6th. That would be a good time to meet local cachers. Also, not scheduled yet, but we'll probably be having a C.A.G.E. (Central Arkansas GeocachErs) event or meet and greet the later part of October (maybe sooner). If someone wants to volunteer up in the NLR or Jacksonville area to host it, please let me know or post it as an event!! Again, welcome to this crazy game!
    Thank you! It's crazy but fun!! I'm going to try that Wal SLAP again tomorrow and the More Power to You. I'd love to come and meet others. I met LostBoys2007 today! Super nice! I'd host but I love on base. Maybe at Dupree Park??

robynnfaughnan Guest
    OK I found Wal SLAP. LOL!! DUH!! You were right! I couldn't believe that! I also found the More Power to You. Up to 21 so far since I started on Wed but the rain had me a bit and then the heat rolled in. With a 3 year old it wasn't fun. Maybe more tonight and definitely more tomorrow!