Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching Dreams and Wishes

Geocaching Dreams and Wishes

Since we moved to Hot Springs Village 3 years ago, we have been working behind the scenes to have geocaches placed in this gated community. Working through the new HSV General Manager, we have hopes to release a limited number of caches through the Hot Springs Village Marketing Department around September 7. This is a start. It has been difficult to change a mindset to allow geocachers access to the Village. We have our fingers crossed to open up a whole new world of geocaching one of these days.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    how would we be able to gain access to the village?

That's great, Ron and Meribeth!!!! Are you going to put one in your front yard!!?? Ha!

Goff Family wrote: how would we be able to gain access to the village?
    The information will be part of each geocache's description.

Great news. Thanks for working on this!

A very special that you to you both for the amount of WORK that this has required. I am very surprised that they have given in, but will be glad to grab the smileys. Thanks!
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I have been meaning to inquire about this, as I have found myself playing on the lake this summer. I have been hesitant to seek the caches in the village proper (behind the gates), fearing I was somehow trespassing. How should we outsiders properly go about caching behind the gates?

There are none inside the village right now Cooder. I know Ron & Maribeth have been working on this for a while. Am glad to see they were more persistent than I was. I gave up pretty quickly with my route. Will be interesting to see how they will agree to let this happen.

The ones that currently "look" as if they are in the Village are actually on public roads that are not part of the village.

Do they have a "manned" gate area? If so I would think one could get a "geocaching pass" similar to a visitor pass or something. If it's unmanned, I could see a premium cache containing gate codes/pass to allow one to enter. Which is why I figure they are working closely with the manager. Good Luck on that one!