Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkansas Geocache Reviewers

Funny, but no one has bothered to ask me whether I needed help. It would seem to be just common courtesy to have done so. Well, the answer is that I don't need help at this time.
    Last edited by ChuckWalla; 08-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

Alrighty then. I guess that settles that!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWalla View Post
    Funny, but no one has bothered to ask me whether I needed help. It would seem to be just common courtesy to have done so. Well, the answer is that I don't need help at this time.
    I would agree that asking if you need help would be a good courtesy if the goal is to become a reviewer to "help" in Arkansas.

However...

I would say it is commendable that someone wishes to be a reviewer. It's a good goal to have. The ultimate honor and achievement in geocaching.

Well, obviously if you have been paying attention - Frank needs no help.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by drmo913 View Post
    I would agree that asking if you need help would be a good courtesy if the goal is to become a reviewer to "help" in Arkansas.

However...

I would say it is commendable that someone wishes to be a reviewer. It's a good goal to have. The ultimate honor and achievement in geocaching.
    Agree..........................
    Rod Schmidt

gingerose Guest
    Hmmmmm.....I think that there are many times that people help each other out without asking first. I am VERY thankful for those cachers that do general maintance of my caches without being asked.....I have never thought that those people are wanting to take over my caches just thought they were being helpful.

You know, gingerose, we greatly appreciate those caches who volunteer to put in a dry log, replace a broken cache, or just write a really nice log. Cachers are some of the greatest and most generous folks we have ever met. They volunteer to lend a helping hand when a family has a financial burden. they add much needed prayers for someone in crisis, and welcome newcomers into the "fold" with open arms........ The list would go on and on and on. We, like you, appreciate each and every kind and unsolicited act. A time for a special, "Thank YOU", to each of you that have freely volunteered to help someone else (whether a geocachers or not).
    Last edited by likestocanoe; 09-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    Rod Schmidt

Chiming in a little late, but from attending the Reviewer's Forum at GWX we learned that the current reviewers are the ones who recommend the new reviewer and that they have qualities they look for in a person.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.