Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Geocache Reviewers

Arkansas Geocache Reviewers

I am trying to find out who all has been a geocache reviewer for Arkansas. Where they were from and what time period they were a reviewer for Arkansas. Thanks for any help!

I believe our first reviewer was Max Cacher. He is JoGPS from Tennessee. Not sure on the dates.
    Our next reviewer was NatureFish. He is from Alabama and goes by The Alabama Rambler. June of 2005 to August of 2006
    That brings us to our current reviewer Chuck Walla. I cannot seem to find out anything on that elusive reptile. August 2006 to present.

There have been a few others that filled in a little from time to time but as far as my knowledge goes that is all there have been officially for the state.
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 07-27-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Those are the three I remember. Max Cacher went by Tennessee Geocacher for little while also.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

How long were they reviewers for Arkansas?
    Are the earlier ones still reviewers in another state?
    Who is Lord Sterling?
    Last edited by MathSeeker; 07-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.

The dates on MaxCacher are hard to pin down because prior to 2005 a lot of the caches did not have the published log on them as they do today.
    I did find that he was still publishing some caches in Arkansas after NatureFish took over. Probably filling in when needed.
    He is no longer a reviewer. He changed his profile page when he stopped reviewing to give a little more info on his career in geocaching.

NatureFish was our reviewer from June 2005 to August 2006. This information came directly from his reviewer profile page. I know he is no longer a reviewer.

Lord Stirling is an "at large" reviewer who fills in when your local reviewer is away, or needs a hand when the workload is heavy.

dexterjg Guest
    Has any of the Arkansas cachers that have a few finds and hides under her/his belt thought about becoming a reviewer and helping Chuck Walla out in publishing caches, keeping caches active that have been disabled to long, looking over needs archived request and other things?

Just wondering,
    Thanks,
    Dexterjg
    James
    Conway, AR

Quote Originally Posted by dexterjg View Post
    Has any of the Arkansas cachers that have a few finds and hides under her/his belt thought about becoming a reviewer and helping Chuck Walla out in publishing caches, keeping caches active that have been disabled to long, looking over needs archived request and other things?

Just wondering,
    Thanks,
    Dexterjg
    James
    Conway, AR
    Sounds like a heck of a deal. Wonder how Chuck Walla and Groundspeak would feel about it?

dexterjg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwhite View Post
    Sounds like a heck of a deal. Wonder how Chuck Walla and Groundspeak would feel about it?
    I'm not sure, but I could send Groundspeak an email and see. That is if we had a volunteer to help Chuck Walla. I don't have good enough internet out here on the road to be a volunteer.

Thanks,
    Dexterjg
    James
    Conway, AR

I have thought a lot about it over the last couple of years and would love to do it but I just would not have the time between work and family obligations. If anyone is interested though check this page for more information on what they are looking for.

I know someone who applied to Groundspeak to become a reviewer in the past couple months. It was even suggested that Chuck Walla & the newbie could split the state in half, to even out the workload... Groundspeak declined, citing the cacher "did not have enough variety in GC finds/hides in their background to qualify as a reviewer yet". Although no specifics were given as to what the "right combination would be". Before anyone asks, the newbie chooses to remain anonymous & it is most definitely NOT me. Whether or not a different volunteer would elicit a different response, who knows.