Thread: Boy Scouts Needed

Steal Your Cache Guest

Boy Scouts Needed

If you know a scout master or a scout that wants to work on the Geocaching merit badge, We want them to come to the Cache Bash at Burns Park On August 11th and 12th. please send me their contact info so we can get them there. i have contacted the local conical and am still waiting to here back form them so any help would be great. if you would like to work with a scout or a scout troop to help them earn their Merit Badge contact me as well so we can gauge our needs. I have add two attachments that will help you understand the requirements for the Merit Badge. thanks for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not sure who you contacted at the Quapaw office but the North Field Services Director, Blake Cole oversees all of the districts in this area northfd@quapawbsa.org and Christian Swaim does the same thing for the southern districts southfd@quapawbsa.org. They would be able to distribute the info directly to the Scoutmasters in their part of the state. Of course the Quapaw Area Council covers most of the state, but not all.

I'm willing to help where I can. I also have responsibilities at the ArkGeo merchandise table as well and I'm not sure how mobile I'll be by then (still in a wheelchair right now).

Steal Your Cache Guest
    thanks, glad to see you are going to join us. and look forward to visiting with you again. i have already sent an email to the two people you gave me info from and hope it will help us get some interest.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goff-family View Post
    If you know a scout master or a scout that wants to work on the Geocaching merit badge, We want them to come to the Cache Bash at Burns Park On August 11th and 12th. please send me their contact info so we can get them there. i have contacted the local conical and am still waiting to here back form them so any help would be great. if you would like to work with a scout or a scout troop to help them earn their Merit Badge contact me as well so we can gauge our needs. I have add two attachments that will help you understand the requirements for the Merit Badge. thanks for your help!
    Awesome with the willingness to support this!!!!!

Steal Your Cache Guest
    well i have had little response from BSA and it doesn't seem promising. if it dosnt work for this event i will work on the next one.

I know a lot of troops cut back on activities the month or so before school starts. They've been busy going to summer camps and with so many other activities in Scouts' lives now days, everyone needs a little break. I can bet you that a fall or winter activity will get more response.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    i will find an event to get them involved then maybe, no to focus on the GSAK part then. thanks for the input.

Saint Aubie Guest
    You know...I just read through the BSA material for the badge and handbook (in your original post). It would be great for *all* geocachers to think through / know this info. Maybe we should build (or steal from the BSA ) a Geocachers 101 class / presentation around the same material?