Thread: Geowoodstock XI

Geowoodstock XI

Just arrived home from Geowoodstock X and have already made our reservations for Geowoodstock XI in Lakeland, Florida. Talked to some local Florida cachers (Team Snook) and they are familiar with this area and say there is lots of shade. It is also on a lake. Arkansas had a great contingency at GWX. We ran into Arkansas friends at nearly every turn from all over the state and it was so wonderful to see everyone. Hope we have an even larger group for GW XI.
    Last edited by rklmbl; 05-29-2012 at 04:41 AM.

We had a good time also, but don't plan on attending next year (as of now anyway). We set personal records with 61 finds in a day (we are are not power-trailers) and 10 different icons in one day. It was great seeing so many familiar faces so far from home.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

We really enjoyed Geowoodstock X and plan to attend XI. We saw you (RKLMBL) at a distance but didn't get a chance to talk to you. We are hoping to make a week of it next year, and maybe get to go to disney or something like that. We are going to try to start saving now!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Looks like Pizzaboy2600 and myself are planning on attending XI. I lived very briefly just north of there in Ocala when I was a kid. Don't want to go swimming in any of the lakes there so looks like i might try to book us something on the beach in St. Petersburg and just make the drive in that morning. If I'm going to be there for a few days I'm definitely getting some beach time. Where is everything else thinking they're staying?
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

The last 2 years our family has said we were going to go and things turned out to where we couldn't. When we heard where GWXI was going to be we had a family meeting. We are going to try and make some sacrifices this next year and save up enough money to go. The plan right now is do two things the kids have always wanted to do but couldn't. Go to Walt Disney World and to the bead. We hope to go to GWXI then spend the next few days at WDW before heading back toward home making a detour to stay at the beach a day or two.

We have already made reservations for GWS XI,, going to be a whirlwind trip, will go to the event then head back Sunday morning, so we can return home on Monday, the very next weekend our daughter is getting married, so it will be a busy week then, but I think we can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfd29 View Post
    the very next weekend our daughter is getting married
    Congratulations! I guess! You may not want her to get married!!! lol
    Last edited by thefab5willisclan; 06-03-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: to add the "I guess" part
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

After what happened this year I am not even going to try to make plans to attend until closer to the time of the event. Maybe one of these years I'll actually get to attend one.

bryanebe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cfd29 View Post
    We have already made reservations for GWS XI,, going to be a whirlwind trip, will go to the event then head back Sunday morning, so we can return home on Monday, the very next weekend our daughter is getting married, so it will be a busy week then, but I think we can make it.
    When we heard where GWXI was going to be we had a family meeting. We are going to try and make some sacrifices this next year and save up enough money to go. The plan right now is do two things the kids have always wanted to do but couldn't. Go to Walt Disney World and to the bead. We hope to go to GWXI then spend the next few days at WDW before heading back toward home making a detour to stay at the beach a day or two.

Toronto Blue Jays
    Texas Rangers
    New York Yankees