Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ftf?

gingerose Guest
    Yes, only one claim to find for 100 finders but several people have told me they are very close to beig able to claim it so I am sure that others will be joining the smiley list for that cache.

It's not uncommon for some puzzle/mystery/unknown caches, especially of the challenge variety to go for quite some time without being claimed, depending upon the requirements and the responsiveness of the CO. As far as traditional caches, it's all about "location, location, location." In an urban area with hungry FTF hounds, I've seen three show up within 10-15 minutes. In some rural areas or areas of high terrain difficulty, it can go for weeks and weeks before someone notices it is a lonely cache or puts forth the effort to attempt to find it. Whenever I travel, I scroll through the pages of publications, looking for something that may have been missed. You can even run a PQ of caches that have not been found. I got lucky once and FTF'd a cache in OK that had been sitting for 7 weeks. It was a 3.5/3.5 that was a 0.3 mile bushwhack from a remote parking area in the woods, not particularly close to any sizable towns.

Saint Aubie Guest
    I tried this cache last time I was up in Springfield, MO. It STILL hasn't been found. http://coord.info/GC2XF6A

The same hider has several other caches that have never been found.

Good Lord. Maybe I'll attempt it sometime. The CO didn't even verify existence of the cache for four months after it was published. That is worrisome.

Saint Aubie Guest
    You should check out his unsolved puzzle caches. If anyone ever calls one of my puzzles cruel, I'll just point them there and let them see how bad it could be

Yeah, no kidding. The puzzles and multis in NWA are as a whole more difficult than here in the River Valley. And I've looked at some in other places that I just don't even know what questions to ask to get started; I need a degree in mathematics or something.

specialteacher Guest
    On our annual spring Break caching trip back in March 2011 Gingerose, Dexterjg, and myself looked for this cache with no luck. http://coord.info/GC1Y4WW It still has not been found. We also looked for We Don't need no stinking maps on that trip and couldn't find it. It had been out for a couple of years. It was found a couple of days or weeks after we got home. We like caches that have been out some time and have not been found.

drmo913 Guest
    Giggles... I love those "never found" caches.