Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M.O.G.A. 2005

demonicangel Guest

YES!!!

I got my act together so to speak (I am my own boss again FINALLY) so it looks like the Demonic one as well as her Angel is going to try to make it to this one. So unless something drastic comes up you can expect us to be there. We are going to go send in our registration info this weekend.

Just want to remind everyone that it's 15 days until MOGA blastoff.

It's been raining on and off all week so that means perfect weather for the event on March 8-10.

If you're on the fence and still thinking about coming or not, go for it. Last year was a blast, everyone made new friends, and some of the participants were talking about the next event before they even left.

And remember, it's not all about competition. For those that just want to take it easy over Friday-Sunday and find nearly 50 ammo boxes in a 7000 acre park, and another 4-6 permanent caches in nearby Sullivan, this is the PLACE!!!

For those that want to "motel it" in the park, and save that long 4 mile drive to Sullivan when you're tired and worn out, they are offering ALL rooms for a flate rate of $60/night, with no limit on occupants. Shoot, plan this trip right and it might only cost $1 a night per person

vist http://moga.geostl.com for more details.

Rich (RGS)
    MOGA/SLAGA

Phantom_491 Guest

MOGA!

Looks like I will be able to attend. Squirrel21309 might be with me (He hasn't made up his mind yet.). I have been looking forward to this event since last year.

I hope we can come up with a team to show up those Minnesota boys, for the team competition. BTW if anyone wants to carpool I'll be heading out Sometime Friday morning. I'll be shooting up 167 to 63 to I-44. Send me a message or email if anyone's interested. From Jacksonville it's a 6.5 to 7.5 hour drive (Depending on # of stops/breaks.)

Oh, BTW I will be heading to a NASCAR race at the end of the month so if anyone has any NASCAR related bugs in their area, snatch them up for me so I can take them to the race. Last year I took 2 tbs with me. I already have one to take this year. Thanks!

Cache y'all there.

Phantom_491 Guest

Off to MOGA

Well I'm off to MOGA. I look forward to seeing some of you there. I'll post a trip report when I get back!

cachecrazies Guest
    We're back from MOGA and had a great time! The caching was fantastic, the organization was superb and the spirit and friendship of fellow cachers was all anyone could hope for! The nightly Cracker Barrels were great fun and had informative lectures and stories too.

I don't know if anyone from this group other than Geo, Phantom and Bob and I were there. If they were, unfortunately we didn't get together. Enjoyed seeing Charlie and Dennis though! They gave me a few good chuckles over the pocket caches.

Bob and I competed in the Individual Easy Course in the morning and both of us did good. Competed in the Couples Course in the afternoon and didn't do so well! Took us 1 1/2 hours just to get up the hill to start the course - and that hill was a killer! Next year we'll only do one competition - we're too old & tired to do 2 in one day! Did some event caches Saturday night and Sunday then.

Made subtle statements for Arkansas by wearing a Arkansas sweatshirt in the morning and a Lake Quachita State Park t-shirt in the afternoon! Of course we told everyone where we were from! Go Arkansas!

There are pictures & videos on the SLAGA site if anyone wants to see them. Thanks SLAGA - you did a fantastic job!

Phantom_491 Guest

MOGA 2005

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    Bob and I competed in the Individual Easy Course in the morning and both of us did good.
    Did good was an understatement. They kicked butt!!! Linda took 1st in the Individual Easy Course, and Bob took 2nd in the same event. Unfortunately Geo and myself ran into some problems on a couple of the waypoints, so we didn't do so well, but we still represented the Arkansas Geocachers Association.

Teamed up with Geo during the afternoon event and went after some of the event caches, and some benchmarks of course. One benchmark we found had not been found since it was monumented in 1949.

To sum things up, this event rocked. 50+ event caches, multiple events, presentations, caves to explore, cachers from all over, door prizes, trivia contests, the list goes on.

GEO Guest

M.O.G.A.

Great event as stated by the cachecrazies,they kicked a**.......
    at least mine anyway,your not getting that old...that course was not easy either.

Phantom491 and I got several (both night)caches and he got his first to find first recovery of a benchmark here too,we did a little excursion and got permission from a land owner to go across his property,he took us almost right to it.

I am glad I did not do the HILL <I was already dumdfounded,just having one of them days you know.
    I had my first last and my last first,the wether was perfect so I had no excuse.

Oh well there's next year.
    I need to be a little more competative,I just can't seem to get charged up to beat fellow cachers.

Great job cachcrazies. I wish I could have gone I was in the right state tho but in the KC part.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!