Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up for 2005 Cache In Trash Out Day

LadyEngineer Guest

Heads up for 2005 Cache In Trash Out Day

GC has announce the 2005 CITO is April 16th. Now, what are we Arkansans going to do about it?

Lets clean up the NATURAL state.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Perhaps some cachers can recall and recommend cache areas that were in particular need of a good clean-up. Teams could meet in the chosen areas on that day to CITO. The media may even be interested in covering it since it is in conjunction with national CITO day.

Are you listening, committee?

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Perhaps some cachers can recall and recommend cache areas that were in particular need of a good clean-up. Teams could meet in the chosen areas on that day to CITO. The media may even be interested in covering it since it is in conjunction with national CITO day.
    Very good idea. We could also cover a lot of ground by trying to make it to as many of our caches as we can, and clean up areas where we have placed caches. Would be a good time to do cache maintenance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Are you listening, committee?
    I'm pretty sure they are, as LadyEngineer started this thread, and arkansas_stickerdude was the first to respond.

Keep on cachin'
    --RuffRidr

LadyEngineer Guest
    I'm listening.

I know of a cache that was at a little road side park that was in dire need of cito and GV you know the cache I'm talking about. You took a very cool time delayed photo of an 18 wheeler passing that cache.

My question to the cachers of AR is what are you willing to do for that day? an adopt a highway, a park (or several), a camp ground, a walking trail

Do we want several little ones all over or one very big one? The cache I mentioned above only has about 20 parking places and would have to be a small project.

Check out this link to see what GC suggest: http://www.cacheintrashout.org/howto.aspx

We're listening.

LE

Great ideas! I know of an area near Conway that is a city park near a large lake that definitely needs some TLC.

This would be a great PR project for us and might make some inroads to local authorities, as well. I'm pretty sure that our city parks and Recreation department would be very pleased!

Seems like there might be better participation if we had several sites to choose from and then let cachers choose the site they would like to help with. Of course, this would complicate the coordination a bit, too. What do the rest of you think?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

deltadawn Guest
    How about getting the members of this site to agree upon 3-4 sites across the state where the majority of our members are located and temporarily "adopt" some parks or places for a weekend and do CITO caches there. Maybe we could make special caches where you have to collect a certain amount of trash before you get the final coordinates for the final cache. We could take pictures of all the trash accumilted in these places to use for later geocaching education efforts when approaching certain governmental agencies for approval of geocaching on public lands.

Team_LiquidCache Guest
    While Team LiquidCache was out caching today we noticed that Reservoir Park could be a possible location for a CITO Event. There are three or four separate coordinate areas that are in need of CITO (more than just a couple of cachers can do). There are already three caches in the park and many locations for more. Plus they have a GREAT pavillion that we could use.

From what I remember, Reservoir Park would a get a vote from me also. I think we filled up two bags when we there. However, we would rather support an effort closer to Russellville. Maybe Spadra Creek Trails in Clarksville. The creek naturally deposits a lot of trash, plus there are at least a dozen caches there to attract support :P
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

I'm going to get with my contact at Devils Den and see if there is anywhere there that we could pickup? This way Fort Smith and Fayetteville cachers could join.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!