Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for 2005 Cache In Trash Out Day

rock_hound Guest

Re: Withrow Springs for CITO? Attention NW AR Cachers!!

Quote Originally Posted by arparkguy
    For those of you unfamiliar with my park it is called Withrow Springs State Park and is located in Madison County, AR. The park is 5 miles north of Huntsville, 30 minutes east of Fayetteville/Springdale and 30 minutes south of Eureka Springs.

Here is the park website if you want more information.

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=15

Craig
    I would definately be interested in a Withrow Springs CITO. I have never been to this park. Arparkguy do you have some caches in the park?

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow CITO

I have passed on the CITO info to the park superintendent and he is looking it over then it will go up the chain to be approved by Little Rock. So I hope to post the event soon.

To answer your question rockhound I have 3 caches I have placed. Two are at Withrow and one is south of Huntsville right off highway 23.

Im out of the park till thursday so I may be slow to respond. Anyways I will keep everyone posted about my CITO event at Withrow.

LadyEngineer Guest
    Well, it sounds like we have one site picked in the NW part of the state. What about the central, SW, NE and SE?

I'm game for anywhere. BeaverFork, Riverfront, Burns Park, Maumelle Park. Does anyone have a contact at any of the mention possibilities for Central?

Team_LiquidCache Guest
    Team LiquidCache would like to nominate Reservoir Park. We would be agreeable to wherever the group decides though!

CITO

Ditto on Reservoir Park. Being selfish though since it is close, but it does need help.

Phantom_491 Guest
    I would like to nominate the Battle for Reeds Springs Historical Site in Jacksonville. Most of the area is fine, but there are some trouble spots towards the back of the site.

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow CITO event

I had a discussion with my superintendent today. He loves the idea of a CITO event here at the park. I am presently writing up what I would place on the geocaching site and if he likes it I will post it on the website sometime this week. I might even post today if approved and I have the time. Im excited about this very much!

Once I get the event posted I will put a link to it here.

Craig

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow Springs CITO

Ok cache has been approved...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... b5f690f1f8

Watch this link for further details.

Y'all come see us y'hear!

Craig

Reservoir park is a good one to clean up. It gets a lot of use. The last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago, someone had spray painted some really vulgar stuff all over the place and there was trash scattered everywhere. I was just out at Cook's Landing today and it is really clean. So I think Reservoir Park should be the place.

thenaturenurd Guest

theres still time.

Ok not to brag...I have the one and only CITO event listed on GC.com for Arkansas. If you need a place to come do a CITO...we'd be glad to have you. Drop me an email or call the park and ask for me for more details.

Here's a link...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...0-80b5f690f1f8

Hope to see y'all there...

Craig