Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Heads up for 2005 Cache In Trash Out Day

walkingshadow Guest
    I was planning to post a local event but Red and I have a flyball tournament that weekend in Springfield, Ill and wont be able to participate. I had bought 20 CITO bags for the event but won't be able to use them. Anyone want them let me know.

Walkingshadow and Red

We are a little late getting around to it, but we will be hosting a CITO event, along with Team Rock Hound and grassgobbler at Beaverfork Lake. We plan to have some CITO t-shirts to give away, provided by GreenWorks Lawn Care.

If you are in the central Arkansas area, come on out and join the fun!!! We are planning to release some new caches in Conway and around Beaverfork Lake for the event. Here's the link:

Conway, Arkansas CITO

By the way, if you will be hosting a CITO event in Arkansas for CITO day, let me know. I'll post a list on the home page...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

thenaturenurd Guest

NW AR CITO

Gaddiel,

Of course you know we have a CITO going at withrow on April 16th

Here is the link Withrow Springs State Park CITO

Thanks,

Craig

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow CITO

If anyone is looking for a CITO event to attend come to Withrow Springs State Park on Saturday 16th at 9am!

See link in above post or on homepage for more info.

I will be out of town till probably Thursday night so if you have questions...drop me a line but dont expect a response till later this week.

Hope to see you Saturday!!!

Craig

Just an update on the CITO event at Beaverfork Lake near Conway: We now have at least SEVEN new caches that will be going live some time before the event on Saturday! If you're looking for something to do this weekend in Central Arkansas, this should be a lot of fun, and it looks like the weather will be perfect. Here is the link to the cache page:

Conway, Arkansas CITO

See you there at 9:00!

Wayne
    View my profile

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow CITO

Thanks to all who showed up today to help CITO at Withrow Springs State Park. I hope you guys had fun. I enjoyed meeting y'all. Look for more CITO events here soon. Id say this one was a smashing success.

Craig

If you missed the CITO event at Beaverfork Lake in Conway today, you missed out on a great time. G&OD, TeamRockHound, Grassgobbler, and everyone involved did an outstanding job in planning and organizing this event and should be commended for all their hard work. It is a pleasure for me to be associated with such a great group. I'm already looking forward to next year's event at Wooly Hollow State Park. Thanks guys.

Woodwalker

All the credit for the success goes to the ones who showed up to do the work! It was amazing to me that we had over 30 people show up on a beautiful Saturday morning (prime time for leisure activities) to help us pick up trash. You guys did a great job, and we appreciate it.

Team Rock Hound and grassgobbler, specifically, did a fantastic job of contributing time and money to make this event a success. Thanks, guys!

If you missed it, you can still check out the pictures and comments from the event here:

Conway, Arkansas CITO
    View my profile

cachecrazies Guest
    And what Wayne didn't say is:

This event was part of an article in today's Log Cabin Democrat! Good job Wayne! More & more notice is taken of geocaching in a positive way!

We also had a great time at the Conway CITO - the park was beautiful and we were glad to help clean it up a little bit , although it wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of them we've seen!

Needless to say, we also had a terrific time finding the Conway caches but Gaddiel & Orange Danish and Team RockHounds are leaning towards the devious, evil sort of hides that have you gnashing your teeth and picking up the cell phone for help!

Thanks also to grassgobbler and Catspower for all your EXTRAS! Everything was greatly appreciated!

We'll look forward to future events.

rock_hound Guest
    Thanks for all of the compliments. Personally, I had a great time putting this together and hiding all the new caches. It seems like both of Arkansas' CITO events went really well. However, we need more events. For all those thinking about doing an event, what are waiting for? Talk to Gaddiel or arparkguy if don't think anyone will show..... They will come!