Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up for 2005 Cache In Trash Out Day

LadyEngineer Guest
    My feeling on a CITO event this April is that it should be regional. Find 3 or 4 or even 5 locations that need our help. They could be city parks, national forest areas, state parks or road side medians. Most of us already CITO as were hunting, if we have the bags with us, so I'm not really thinking about places that have a lot of caches in them. Not saying that might not be an option but maybe a place that would be a good place if it were cleaned up. We only have 2 months to plan and some will say that is plenty and other will not. I was just hoping for ideas.

If you know of a park, wildlife area, or roadside please list them here so maybe we can start to narrow that list down to the ones everyone really wants to help clean up.

I'll start (remember I live in Cabot so I'm going to be suggesting places in the central area; all areas should have suggestions):

Burns Park
    Riverfront Bike Trail
    Botkinburg Rest Area on Hwy 65

I'll nominate a couple near Conway. One is Beaverfork Lake. I believe it's a city-owned park and could be scaled to a few or many helpers. We might want to also look at Toad Suck Park on the Arkansas River. This one is a Corps of Engineers park.

I'm not trying to push areas close to me, by any means. I am just more familiar with these parks since they are close to home...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow Springs for CITO? Attention NW AR Cachers!!

If anyone is interested you can come help cleanup my park. Highway 23 which goes through Withrow Springs is always lined with trash no matter how many times I get my maintenance crew to hit it. Anyone up my way that wants to help interested? I rotate weekends with the superintendent so I will have to check and see if that is my weekend to work. I dont think he will mind having some folks come and pick up trash at the park at all.

For those of you unfamiliar with my park it is called Withrow Springs State Park and is located in Madison County, AR. The park is 5 miles north of Huntsville, 30 minutes east of Fayetteville/Springdale and 30 minutes south of Eureka Springs.

Here is the park website if you want more information.

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=15

Craig

GEO Guest

CITO

I will get this one going again this year at least 4- 5 times.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...0-2a8d9877c21f

RuffRidr Guest

Re: Withrow Springs for CITO? Attention NW AR Cachers!!

Quote Originally Posted by arparkguy
    If anyone is interested you can come help cleanup my park. Highway 23 which goes through Withrow Springs is always lined with trash no matter how many times I get my maintenance crew to hit it. Anyone up my way that wants to help interested? I rotate weekends with the superintendent so I will have to check and see if that is my weekend to work. I dont think he will mind having some folks come and pick up trash at the park at all.
    arparkguy,
    I'd be interested in helping clean this park. I'm sure I could get a couple other cachers in the area to come too, especially if you made it a CITO event cache.

--RuffRidr

Team_LiquidCache Guest
    I agree with Lady Engineer. 4 or 5 regional CITO events going on simultaneously would be the best way to go. Traveling is not that big of a deal to another part of our state, but having regional events would make more cachers likely to particiapate without having to travel 2 or 3 hours. Again Reservoir Park is in grave need of this event. Burns Park, only because they are so open to cachers, but really there's not a huge amount of CITO that needs to be done there. Also one of our early cache's that we found was around was the Central Arkansas Supply Depot near Cook's landing. That area had a tremendous amount of CITO needs along the paved path, but I am unsure if part of this area is private property.

Team_LiquidCache Guest
    I was just looking around the groundspeak forums and under the heading of CITO is a topic called Official CITO 04 Photos, post them here (see link below), and they have some AMAZING pictures of different CITO events all over the country. Check it out if you have time and think about what we as Arkansans may be able to accomplish all over The Natural State.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...howtopic=69366

walkingshadow Guest
    Wow, I am impressed by the Team Liquidcaches link to the 04 citgo. We could do a lot of good with each region picking an area. I think reservoir park is in dire need and burns park also. I haven't been to cooks landing so I can't really comment on that location. Where would we make the most impact???? walkingshadow and red

thenaturenurd Guest

Withrow Springs CITO

Thanks to those that have shown interest in a Withrow Springs CITO...let me run it by my superintendent to make sure he is cool with that. I dont think he will care but I need to make sure. I need to make sure that I will be around for the event as well since we trade weekends. This will be my first CITO how long do these things usually last? I think I will shoot for 9-11:30AM? Any objections?

post here, send me a pm or an email if you have further comments or questions...I will be out of the park most of this week for training so it may take a bit for me to respond.

Craig

ps - If my boss approves the CITO I will submit it to geocaching.com tomorrow. Look for it.

As more of us from ArkGeo create CITO events across the state, it would be nice to mention that there are other CITO events going on in Arkansas and include a link to the ArkGeo site for a complete list. That way, if someone sees your event, but can't attend because of a distance problem, maybe they could at least find out about the other sites. I could post a story on the home page if you all think this is a good idea... Just a suggestion.

How many of you are interested in hosting a CITO event near you? Basically, I guess this would just involve showing up at the site to sort of coordinate the cleanup.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile