Thread: Best Accuracy

Best Accuracy

In your searches for the latest and greatest GPS handhelds out there, has anyone stumbled across anything with extraordinary accuracy? The price point is $2000 but I'm trying to see if it would be worth buying or better to just buy a solid cheaper GPS ($400-600 range).

Any ideas? What's the best accuracy you have seen and what were you using?

I believe standard accuracy is 8 to 10 feet for a $400-600 GPS. I don't know how much better the accuracy of the high dollar model is, but I doubt it would be worth it. Whoever hid the cache used the cheaper model so you won't be guaranteed to hit the exact spot anyway. Besides, once I get that close I quit looking at the GPS and start looking for the cache.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Accuracy

Yeah, I read a lot from cachers who want something more accurate and I agree that it's a two way street (the CO and the finder need good ones). However, I'm not needing a GPS for geocaching. I need it for something that requires a little more accuracy, but also maintains ease of use. I have used a surveying GPS before and it was a beast to figure out.

For my idea of accuracy, I am looking for coordinates in UTM that show location past the decimal.