Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Conway Problem

dlevans Guest

The Conway Problem

I have lived in Conway now for about four months. In that time, there have been THREE new published caches - two of them by me. It can be tough to race for FTF's when there are no caches published in your area! After living in Russellville for a few months waiting to buy my house I got kind of used to an overactive geocacher community(those of you in Russellville know what I mean) ! I am going to set out two more caches today, but it still isn't enough!

Here's the deal:

I will give the first person who publishes a 4-5 star difficulty/terrain cache in Conway a medium-sized ammo can
    I will give two baby coke bottles to the first person who publishes a 3 star difficulty/terrain cache in Conway

NOTE:
    -Any type will do, lets get some good multi's and puzzles! Think outside the box!
    -Creativity, please!

We need to get stimulated, people! Let's try to get Conway on the map.

-dlevans, a Conway Cacher in desperate need for a challenge!
    Last edited by dlevans; 04-28-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Just remember that in Conway we have an unofficial agreement with the fire departments bomb squad to only hide clear containers. They like to detonate our ammo cans with their water cannon and write stories in the paper about the trouble caused and the costs incurred to dispatch the bomb squad. I know there are a few out there, but the better we are to them, the less bad publicity we will get. This is a lot of the reason I don't enjoy hiding caches near town.

Be careful that this is not considered against geocaching.com rules.

dlevans Guest
    Thanks to the due diligence and awesome research of a friend, this competition is fine per official geocaching rules as long as it isn't posted on geocaching.com (thanks, you know who you are!)

That being said, the competition is back on! If anyone would like to donate any sort of prize to the pot (c'Mon, the cause is just!) Just let me know.

Also, as to what cpdenton educated me of, the awarded ammo can is discouraged from being placed in Conway proper.

As a note, The Cacklers and (obviously) myself are exempt.

There is a ton of real estate here, people, lets place some caches!
    Last edited by dlevans; 04-30-2012 at 05:10 PM.

dlevans Guest
    *see above

Not in Conway but there are several just south of Vilonia, on 107, I know because I placed some of them. Feel free to come on over if it gets to slim in Conway.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Except for very few exceptions, if any of my caches are in your way from placing a fantastic cache, please email me and I'll archive mine post haste! Most of mine are just park and grabs... and there is always a need for that, but I'll gladly make room for high quality caches.

I hear your concern. I'm lucky to live in cache heaven over here in Russellville, but our caches are only as good as our enthusiastic caching community, both the folks hiding them and the folks finding them. Plus, we have plenty of woods to the north and in Yell County to play in, and it's just a short trip to Morrilton, Ozark, Ft. Smith, Fayetteville, etc. We're running out of real estate over here in Russellville, so we're having to recycle ourselves, and several of us have taken up the Munzee game. Hope I gave you some excitement yesterday when we joined forces for the FTF. I would love to see Conway's cache numbers go through the roof! You hide 'em, Me find 'em.

hmm...I've been thinking about a few places over in Conway (I work there)...I'll see how difficult it is.

Do you have Scuba Gear?

dlevans Guest
    Not yet, I don't