Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Streaking! 9 months down, 3 to go!

Wow! My best streak is 3 days!!! On a separate note, I also have a 3 day FTF streak!!! The first of the streak was also my first FTF ever!

dcwalker30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Check out this thread on the GC.com forums.
    Those are some really long streaks.
    Kablooey is insane. I've traded a few emails with him about tips for keeping the streak alive. That guy is a machine. In 438 days, he will be celebrating 10 years of geocaching every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I only wish I could find the time.
    None of us have the time, lol. Its about making time where you don't have any. I know from talking to Goff Fam and Willis Clan that we've all had several evenings of frantic searching after sundown. I've got two little ones (2 years and 3 months) so I don't have much free time at all. You just have to force yourself to take that 10 minute detour, or spend your lunch hour (or 2, or 3) out caching with a sandwich in hand instead of sitting down to eat somewhere. After 100 days or so, your family gets used to it and you get some new found support from them. Overall, you're looking at about a 30 min/day investment of your time. I've learned to eat really fast and use my lunch time to snag caches. I'd encourage you to give it a shot! Even if it's just to beat your current streak! You've got 15, can you do 30? Go for it!

Well I told myself that I would start on June 1st and find a cache every day. I have not found a single one yet. Working 60 to 70 hours a week just leaves me with no energy for anything. I promise I will start a new streak this weekend.

I work a minimum of 60 hours a week, but I have the advantage of working out of town all week. That just means I cache before I go to the motel. Like today for instance I am in el dorado, tomorrow warren. Today was easy, lots of caches here in El Dorado. But tomorrow I will have to get a cache before I leave here in the morning, because I've got all the caches in the Monticello area, and I placed the only Cache in Warren. But today was day 298! It helps to have friends like Dcwalker & Goffamily. We keep each other motivated.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Would like to do something like this but when you've basically cleared all the caches out in a 30-35 mile radius not counting the few published recently from my daughter, there is no possible way to even attempt something like this where I live. I'll leave these streaks all to y'all.

Us6keys Guest
    We started geocaching in March and then 40 days ago we decided to try to get a 365 streak and so far so good. Some days it gets almost stressful to make sure we get out and grab at least one and it may even be at 11 at night but we get the smiley. I hope we can continue on our streak and get some good milestones along the way. 227 since March 27 and are running out of them locally so I am having to get creative in my travels around to find them lol!

dexterjg Guest
    I think that my longest streak it 14 days. As much as I drive, you would think that I could get one in a different rest area out here on the road. I may have to start looking at that when I get caught up logging.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    29 more days David. keep it up my friend! 30 for me!

Woot Woot chugging along. Today was day 225 for me!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Steal Your Cache Guest
    you got this mike! it is getting hard. i have very few caches close to go out and grab now. thanks to codyrex there are some not to far. and thanks to going on vacation for two weeks i can hit new ground that i haven't picked clean.

24 days to go...... now i am thinking of going with finds for as long as my longest slump! 467 days? hummmm