Thread: List of Favorite Caches

List of Favorite Caches

We had an eat & greet event in Russellville last night and one of the topics for group discussion was favorite caches. Specifically, each person was asked to tell the rest of the group about a special cache they had found this year. Here's the list of caches which were identified, most of which are in Arkansas, but a few which are not. Other than separated by state, the caches are not listed in any particular order. I provide this so that others may learn about some special caches out there they haven't heard about yet. I certainly learned about several that I now want to find!

Arkansas:

Geared Up
    (GC1GTH6)

We'll see you at 319 – Again
    (GC3CETE)

Don't Hold Your Breath!! Blowing Smoke!! (GC3C1CG)

Windbag (GC3AC45)

Hickcalibur (GC34NDZ)

Ghost Comfort Station (GC3DVYW)

Archimedes' Flute (GC358RJ)

ArkFireMedic Made Me Do It #1 (GC39ZGB)

X-TREME Putt Putt (GC3GH2Q)

The (Beaver) March Of War! (GC3FA53)

Oklahoma:

Summit of Sugarloaf Mountain
    (GCNEMT)

Kansas:

Sitting on a Spider (GC4113)

Iowa:

The Sword in the Stone – Iowa (GC2XCWW)

Connecticut:

Bird on A Wire (GC3EYRW)
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

mpappagallo Guest
    This is a great discussion topic! I hope I will remember to mention this at our next S.W.A.G. Dine & Discuss!

Awesome topic! I'm glad a 2ter cache made the list. She is so excited!

ArkFireMedic Made Me Do It #1 (GC39ZGB)
    That one was pure evil. And 2ter's trick or treat (GC2DYXV) was up there on my list as well.
    Another one of my favorites is, heads up (GC30NTJ) by night hiker in Clinton. Not a hard one but a very well built one.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

razorbackdave Guest
    Hello From Razorbackdave!
    My favorite cache so far is (GCKQWY) "GF465 S5 Tunnel" The cache is at the entrance to an abandon hand dug train tunnel (1890's) about 10 miles NE of Eureka Springs in the mountains. This cache is a great adventure to find.
    My next favorite cache so far was probably (GCKH8H) Arkansas's 1000th Cache: B-25 Crash Site. This cache is up on a mountain a little south and west of Jasper up on Round Top mountain. It was a great adventure finding this one also.
    Both of these cache's took a little priliminary re-con to find the best way to find them. Happy Hunting!
    razorbackdave

Semipaw Guest
    My favorite Arkansas cache that I've found so far has to be Buffalo City Cross Cache (GCX1NF). Awesome hike up to an truly spectacular spot. You definite have to put some effort into getting to the cache. It's an easy find at the top, though. Just a great caching experience. I enthusiastically recommend that cache.

Saint Aubie Guest
    Geared Up was my favorite Arkansas cache. Glad it made the list! I hate that it is gone...

My favorite out-of-state cache was this one: http://coord.info/GC2PPP2. If you are ever in the Houston area, it's worth the effort!