Thread: Calling all Cachers!! Looking for team members for the Challenge Event???

Calling all Cachers!! Looking for team members for the Challenge Event???

This thread is being placed here for everyone looking for team members to participate in the Arkansas Challenge Event.

Just make a post here if you are looking for a team to participate with.

Be sure to check out the Official Event Page often as information will be added as the date draws near.

Don't forget to Preregister for the challenge and also print and sign the liability waiver form to bring with you.

We are looking forward to a great weekend of caching fun.

Okay, I'm up for adoption. Otherwise, may do this solo.... SJC

I find nothing on rules regarding teams or solo competition. Something tells me there are two-person teams and solo divisions... Forgive me, I am sleep deprived. Can someone educate me?

On the "rules" page one can participate in 2-4 person teams or "solo." So far I'm in the latter group..

Quote Originally Posted by captaincooder View Post
    I find nothing on rules regarding teams or solo competition. Something tells me there are two-person teams and solo divisions... Forgive me, I am sleep deprived. Can someone educate me?
    For this first Challenge Event there will be no designated sizes for the teams. All scores will be averaged by the number of persons on the team.

So you can join a team or just go solo. The advantages to having a team are more pairs of eyes to spot the caches and more brain power for strategy. Remember there are many trails and many access points to them.

IRBH: Are team sizes truly unlimited, or limited to four? Seems like it should be limited, as there will be limited caches, although a team can shoot itself in the foot by increasing its denominator.

SJ CLIMBER: I don't see where Rhone has posted his "Will Attend" log. I take it by your solo status that Rhone will truly not be attending. I lost my geo-buddy too. Hot~Rod has been hiding caches, so he's out of the competition. Nukeworker mentioned possibly combining forces weeks ago. I'll sidetrack him. Perhaps we could make our own Legion of Doom.

CC: Not unusual for Rhone to appear at an event without logging a "will attend." He said nothing about the "Challenge" when we were caching today, so I'll email him in a minute. Despite, I was asking about joining a team so it would be fun to join up with you for the adventure. Let's follow-up on Rhone's plans and get back on this..

CC, email on its way..

Message received, and I replied, but when I clicked on the thread, it did not show the message I had just sent, so I'm wondering if it went through or not. Please confirm that you received.

CC - You must explicitly tell the system to save your sent messages at http://arkgeocaching.org/profile.php?do=editoptions