Thread: Scouting University 2012 Teacher Request

haphazard2007 Guest

Scouting University 2012 Teacher Request

I'm with Aplha Phi Omega, a service fraternity at the University of Arkansas. Every year we host something called Scouting University in which a few hundred boy and girl scouts come to the university and we teach them a variety of merit badges. This year, the girl scouts have introduced a Geocacher badge into their ranks and we need a teacher for the badge. I haven't been able to find contact information for any local clubs and was wondering if you could help us out. The event is March 3 (two weeks away) and the size of the class is 24 girls between the ages of 9 and 11. We're are looking for a teacher who can help us out from 8AM to 4 PM. This person must be able to pass a background check and preferably is a 21+ year old woman. This last requirement is not required but it's less paperwork. I would appreciate it if you got back to me. Thanks. My number is 870-219-3461.

Lunch will be provided via Subway Thank you to anyone who responds.

QUESTIONS:
    Do you have the requirements for earning the merit badge?
    Do you have GPS units for the group to use?

gingerose Guest
    Mathseeker, I was thinking the same thing. I have googled the requrements and I have come up with two sets that both state the girls need to do at least 6 of the requirements.

Here are the links if you are interested.
    This one has 10 requirements.
    http://gsbadgerland.org/LinkClick.as...E%3D&tabid=316
    This one has 8 requirements.
    http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=111080

Post deleted. Read the date. Moot point.