Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for non-geocaching related prayer requests, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeworker View Post
    We are happy to tell you that Ken was released from the hospital this afternoon. Still waiting on the results from the tick screen culture in a few more days, but it seems he has Ehrlichiosis. (You are probably right, Sjclimber.) He is drained, but feeling much better and happy to be out of the hospital. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, calls, concern, texts and emails. It made it much easier to be so far from home. Thank you Woodwalker and Mathseeker for delaying your trip home to stop and visit with us at the hospital, plus take me on a quick cache hunt.
    Thats good news! Hope he is back up to full speed soon.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Charles Shearer (half of Zeke & George) had a heart attack on Friday, June 8th, while in the Miami, FL airport. He is currently in a hospital in Miami and has undergone double bypass surgery. I don't have all the details, but here are a couple of recent emails from his wife Kay (the other half of Zeke & George). Be sure to remember Charles and Kay in your prayers.

Email received 6/13/12
    Charles has had double by-pass. Surgery was successful. Replaced front and back arteries with vein from his leg. He has hardened arteries and will need to be treated in the follow-up and future care. Surgeon stated the front artery was like that of a 80+ yr old. Current evident damage has been repaired. I got to go to see him in CCU unit briefly about 4 pm. He was still sedated, and will be for several (6-12?) more hours. Recovery course we’ll take one day at a time.

Breathing a sign of relief...... Kay
    Email received 6/15/12
    Hello Family & friends,

Yesterday Charles crossed the 24 hr after surgery mark. Charles is slowly getting a little better each day. He remains in the CCU ward, but may get transferred tomorrow. He is experiencing a lots of pain from this major surgery, as expected. Physical therapy has had him up for a very short walk today. First walk he has had since his cardiac arrest on Friday. His appetite has been poor so we have to encourage him to eat. I have even tempted him with M&M’s and “Health Food” (Raisinettes). Chocolate has always been a favorite of his, but even that hasn’t worked yet.

Son, Rob, is here through the weekend. It is good to have him here for moral support. The last 2 days have been tough on all of us.

Hoping to be able to return home soon, just not sure when that will be. Will look at our transportation options, commercial airlines or med flight, when the time comes.

We are taking one day at a time.
    Kay
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thanks ORR for sharing this info with all of us. Sending our thoughts and prayers to your entire family Kay and George. We know first hand how scary it can be to be hospitalized away from home. If we can do anything long distance please don't hesitate to let us know, Sue and Ken Hayes

Our prayers have been and will continue to be with you both.

Charles and Kay you are both in my prayers. Will pray every day for a speedy recovery and that you can soon return home.

Just now getting this info. Thank you ORR for the heads up! Charles and Kay, you are definitely in our prayers!!!!! Hoping all is progressing well and that you are closer to coming home.

Update on Zeke & George (Charles & Kay) - latest email received last night, entitled "The Good News & The Bad News":

Hi Family & Friends,

We got good news and bad news today.

GOOD - Charles was well enough to be released this afternoon. Discharged with new RX and aftercare instructions.

BAD - He has not been cleared to fly home yet! Surgeon would not sign off for him to fly until at least 2 weeks after surgery. Worried about pressure changes and such with flying. He is also not healed enough to make the looonnnngggg three day drive home. So we are stuck here until he sees the surgeon next Tuesday afternoon. Which means there is no chance we can make it home until next Wed. at the earliest. You can not imagine how disappointed we both are about this. So here we are for a while longer...........

He can get “out and about” in the area for short trips as he feels able, but no driving on his part for at least 6 weeks. I guess we’ll figure out how to entertain ourselves around Miami and vicinity. Charles will undoubtedly want to go and find a couple of Geo-caches while we are here. I will be sure to keep him on a short leash, so he doesn’t wear himself out in the summer heat and humidity. Too bad an air boat ride in the Everglades would be too much on him just now. At least I have a rental car and we can get out of the city a bit.

Charles’ cousin Dave and wife Barbara (from Ft Lauderdale vicinity) visited today. It was good to catch up with happenings in their lives.
    My sister flew home this AM to Pittsburgh, PA confident that he would get out and we would be on our way tomorrow. She shared our disappointment when I spoke with her tonight. One way or another we will be traveling home next week.

Kay
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Sorry to hear of Zeke and George's troubles. Happy to hear that Zeke is doing better and they are following the doctor's orders. Our prayers are with you both. May God bless you and keep you safe.
    Thanks for keeping us posted.

drmo913 Guest
    Charles & Zeke? Is Charles the band teacher?
    Will be praying.

No, Zeke and George are from Hot Springs and both retired.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt