Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for non-geocaching related prayer requests, etc.

Justin, it is your time to to be the rock of your family. You all are in my thought, my heart, and my prayers. The Lord will get tired of hearing from me while this situation resolves. Loving you and praying...
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Justin and Kerry and Rachel,

We love you all and are praying for a swift and complete recovery.

I know some ArkGeo members are not on Facebook so I am posting this here in the forums.
    Kerry had the second round of Chemo on Friday, July 17th. Please keep Kerry, Justin, and Rachel in your prayers.

The following was a post by Justin Murphree aka Arkfiremedic on Facebook today.
    Please say a prayer for Kerry. We had a really rough night and now we are going back to the hospital per Dr. Luper for more iv antibiotics. She could sure use some prayers today.

*edit* 9:15 am = Dr. Luper has admitted her to ICU #5 at MCSA.
    *edit" 10:10 am = Surgery at 4:00 pm today to remove port as Dr. Tommey believes it is possibly the source of the raging bacterial infection and Fever.
    **edit** 12:10 = white counts very low blood counts. She is now in total isolation and cannot have any visitors.
    **edit**. 17:26 = Kerry is out of surgery and all went well according to Dr Tommey. Said that probably the port was indeed the source of infection. Probably take 24 hours or so to get the Fever back down.
    Thank you guys so much for all your prayers!
    One cache at a time!

Thank you Mathseeker, for the update. We have been keeping them in our daily thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs from both of us.

Loving and praying for Justin, Kerry, and Rachel from the Northwest....😀...

Thank you, Mathseeker, for sharing their post. I never thought about it.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Latest update from Justin on Facebook:
    Change in plans. Kerry now not only has low blood counts but now bilateral pneumonia. Dr Luper her PCP and Dr. Muldoon in Hot Springs want her under the care of a pulmonologist that is not available here. EFD Ambulance is ready to roll with Chief Chad Mosby and Lieutenant Matt Taylor riding up with us both and transferring us to St Vincent in Hot Springs. Thank you to everyone that has helped us here and with Rachel. If I haven't asked you for anything don't worry I'm sure before this is over with I will. Thanks and love to you all. Please pray Kerry can rebound out of this quickly.

KEEP THIS FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS!
    One cache at a time!

Continued prayers for the Murphree family.

The following is a post from Justin on Facebook this morning:

Results from the TEE yesterday were not at all what we wanted to hear. Apparently infection has moved into the valves of her heart now as well. This breaks my heart. Today is Sunday, can you all share this and lets get her on the prayer lists in as many churches as we can? This is another rather large stumbling block in the road but with you guys help and prayers and God's healing powers she can get through this too! Please like and share to let Kerry know you are praying for her. I am confident in one thing here- that is that we can not have too many people praying for her! Thank you all!!!

KEEP PRAYING for the MURPHREE FAMILY: Kerry, Justin, and Rachel!
    One cache at a time!

The prayers are working. Keep them coming!

Update from Kerry this morning:
    Well, it's been a rough week to say the least! To make a very, very long story fairly short, I had sepsis (overwhelming bloodstream infection) along with bilateral pneumonia all as a result of my port. The port was removed last Sunday, but things continued to deteriorate. My blood pressure was low, heart rate was high and I was running very high temperatures. All this in addition to my regular chemo side effects didn't make for a good combination. Of course I was admitted and began immediate treatment. Things just didn't seem to be coming together. Justin contacted my oncologist and said to come to HS now. After several road blocks and speed bumps, we finally made it to HS on Monday night late about 10:00. And it's been non stop aggressive treatment(s) from
    Oncology, pulmonology, cardiology and wound care!
    Things progressed and I moved out of the unit on Wednesday (I think) to the floor. Things have moved slowly, still running fever off and on. A PICC line was placed for my long term IV antibiotics at home, the TEE showed some vegetation on the valves which means more IV antibiotics at home. More cultures were taken yesterday due to the fever, nothing on those today thus far. The wound care doctor came by and said the wound was looking good and getting smaller. Awaiting Dr. Muldoon this morning.
    I feel sooo much better. I can't even begin to thank you all enough for your thoughts and prayers, they've truly been felt. I apologize now for not responding to texts and messages. I'm in the process of reading everything now. There are times in your life that you know you can count on friends to be there in your time of need. Well let me say this, I have some the most awesomely, wonderful and truly caring friends and family, as evidenced by the number of calls, texts, messages I've received this past week. Thank you all for everything from the bottom of my heart. I truly appreciate you all!!!
    One cache at a time!

Just wanted to thank all of our geocaching friends for all you have done for my wife's ongoing hospitalization. Was hoping today we may go home but the ct scanner broke down and it will be at least Monday before they can do the procedure. Fever has been gone over 48 hours and some blood given yesterday got all her counts up. Tomorrow is day 14 between here and the icu in El Dorado. Geocachers have visited, prayed, called, messaged, purchased gift certificates for meals, and texted and we appreciate each and every one of you. Once we get out of the hospital it is at least 4 weeks of iv antibiotics for endocarditis and double pneumonia. She will also need oxygen for an undetermined amount of time for some type of small emboli she has in her lungs causing her to become very winded on exertion. So it is with great regret we have to take our names off of the event on 12 September. Also looks like we won't be able to attend Fired Up and I'm pretty bummed about that but there is no way Kerry can get out in that heat and by then I still won't want to leave her alone. Another side effect of these bumps in the road is she is off chemo until her body heals. That breaks my heart because it won't get better on its own. Thank you all again.