Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for non-geocaching related prayer requests, etc.

Keeping our geocaching friends (currently Justin and Tim) in our thoughts and prayers as they each face medical issues. Please know that you are surrounded by our hugs long distance.

For all those who have asked about me and my surgery the plan is as follows:

I have to be at St. Vincent in the morning (Tuesday) for all the pre-register paperwork and pre-surgery testing at 08:30 a.m.

I have to be there Wednesday morning at 08:00 a.m. for a 10:00 a.m. surgery. The procedure is called a robotic partial nephrectomy where they will take the presumed malignant mass off of my right kidney and a portion of my right kidney. Dr. Mooney said he really didn't know much of my kidney he could save until he got inside and looked around.

Thank you all again for all the cards, texts, well wishes, calls, and especially your prayers.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
    The above quote was posted by Justin aka arkfiremedic on Facebook.
    Please lift him up in prayer, especially tomorrow during the surgery.

Prayers for Justin and his family tomorrow and in the coming days and weeks.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Same Doctor as Glynn had for his surgery. He is in good hands with God and Doctor!!
    Last edited by Flyfishingcachers; 07-29-2014 at 09:15 PM.

drmo913 Guest
    Praying for Justin today.

You bet. Prayer in order. Justin is in the hands of a good surgeon..

Continue to pray for Justin, Kerry, and Rachel.
    Justin came through surgery, but had to go back to the operating room due to excessive bleeding. He got in his hospital room around 9:00pm. He is in a lot of pain. It was a long and stressful day for the family. Keep praying for his recovery.

T'nH Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker View Post
    Continue to pray for Justin, Kerry, and Rachel.
    Justin came through surgery, but had to go back to the operating room due to excessive bleeding. He got in his hospital room around 9:00pm. He is in a lot of pain. It was a long and stressful day for the family. Keep praying for his recovery.
    Thanks for the update!

~T'nH

This is Kerry...Justin wanted me to post an update from his page so that anyone who may not have seen or heard about our day yesterday would know what's going on. He is now post op day one from a suspected renal mass that resulted in a 25% removal of the right kidney. This simple laproscopic procedure resulted in a not so simple trip to the OR twice! Due to the vasculature of this area and degree to which the blood vessels adhered to the kidney there was a significant amount of bleeding that required another trip to the OR to cauterize and stitch some bleeders. His pain was hard to get under control last night/early this morning, but now seems to be resting better. He remains on a PCA (pain pump), and still has issues with the back pain (nothing new; however all this laying on his back isn't helping). IV lines and other tubes/drains remain in place and hopefully as the day progresses, some of these will be discontinued! The goal for today is to walk!?!? Sitting on the bedside this morning was no small task! He's definitely more "with it" today, is asking numerous questions about yesterday and who all came to visit! I would ask that you continue to pray for us as we make this transition and hopefully head home tomorrow! It's going to be a long day!!
    This was Kerry's post on Justin's Facebook page this morning.

Thanks for the update for those of us who don't do Facebook! Continuing my prayers for you, Justin, and your family.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen