Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Ideas for non-geocaching related prayer requests, etc.

I am sitting here with Jerri and the kids waiting for Kendall to get out of surgery. Things are looking better than first believed. The doctor this morning said there is a hairline fracture around the number 11 vertebrae that should behave like a bone spur and the lower back seems to just be strained and still a little swollen. They are using pins, screws and a plate in his arm. Kendall was in good enough spirits to give me a call this morning. From the description of the accident that I have heard he and Eugene must have had an angel watching over them. Things could have definitely been much worse.
    Last edited by Buckshot/MamaLlama; 05-26-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Jesse, Thank you for the continuing updates. Thankful it wasn't worse, but praying they both make quick recoveries.

Kendall's surgery went well. He got back to his room around 5 pm. He was still a Little groggy but it was't long before he was cutting jokes and telling me about the caches he and Eugene had gotten before the accident. Then he relayed to me the story of what happened. They are lucky things were not worse and definitely were being watched over that day. Eugene is back home and working through the soreness.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I'm bruised up pretty badly with the cracked ribs being real sore, especially it I cough or sneeze, but my injuries aren't nearly as bad as Kendall's. I'm happy to hear that his surgery went well and that his back wasn't broken.

We will both recover fully in short order and head right back out there on the geo-trail!!

Smiff
    Last edited by bUTCH46; 05-27-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Eugene, So sorry the accident happened, but we're glad the injuries weren't worse. Broken ribs really hurt. Hope you feel better with each passing day.

So thankful you both are going to be up and caching again soon! Eugene, thank you for getting that other driver out even though you were hurt yourself. YOU da' man!!!
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Hoping both Eugene and Kendall get better soon. It will just take some time. I know these two guys won't be held down long. We'll be praying for full recovery.

Whoa, dudes!! Glad all are recovering successfully. Prayers daily. Heal quickly!!

Like I mentioned, my injuries were much less the Kendall's . . . still a little soreness, especially when I cough or sneeze. But, not enough to keep me from going caching today with KSDS97 over in East Tennessee. We ran about 2/3 of the TN Hwy 51 series and picked up about 112 finds. I think the exercise did me some good in mitigating some of the stiffness and soreness.

Like Razorback01 said, we won't be held down long.

Too many caches, too little time!!
    Last edited by bUTCH46; 05-31-2016 at 08:15 AM.

I really like the PAF idea, if someone needs help in Bentonville/Rogers/Bella Vista Area I stand ready.