Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for non-geocaching related prayer requests, etc.

The following are posts to Facebook by Kerry concerning Justin.

Saturday
    After a little derailment this morning things are back on track. He's been up twice, walked once and now only has 1 tube left! Still working on pain issues; an infiltrated iv and subcutaneous pain meds don't do much for a person! He's now on pain pills, resting at the moment. Dr. Mooney came by, path report was + for kidney cancer, but he was able to get it all!! Thanks be to God!!! 95% chance that it'll never return; in the meanwhile he'll take immune supplements which according to the doc helps fight off/prevent kidney cancer. Kidney function is completely normal, blood count still a little low, but stable. Just redrew to check it again...he will follow him for routine scans going forward. If things continue to progress, potential discharge late today!!! I definitely have my fingers crossed!! We're both passed ready to be home!!
    Sunday AM
    His blood count has fallen to 7/19. No discharge today! He will be getting a transfusion and we'll just have to wait and see what the next blood count shows. Usually one unit will raise the blood count by about 3. I hope and pray this will put a little pep back in his step! He really feels bad and even said today he didn't feel like he could go home. Knowing him, you know that's not a good sign! It seems his pain is a little better, his output and ambulation have been great! I definitely think him being "a quart low" has knocked him down! So we will remain here, watching and waiting...
    Sunday PM
    Not a lot has changed today. The transfusion is complete, blood has been drawn and we're waiting for results. He says he feels a little bit better, but not much. His color is a little improved. I'm hoping tomorrow we are able to see the real results of the blood! He managed to get his 3 walks in today only to be followed by extreme fatigue which takes several hours to recoup. In the meantime please continue to keep us all in your prayers.
    Keep praying for Justin, Kerry and Rachel.

This post was from Kerry on August 5th.
    Things really took off this morning! Dr. Mooney came by and gave us the word!! By 0845 JP drain was out, midline IV was out, and discharge papers were in hand!! We are home, he's had a shower, and he continues to rest. I want to thank you all for your prayers, calls, texts, visits, messages, positive and encouraging words, and ALL the other things that have been done for us over the past 7 days!!

Please continue to remember Justin in your prayers as he recovers.

Special thoughts and vibes going out to Ron from team RKLMBL. He is a trooper. I have a lot of respect for his toughness. I hope he has a quick road to recovery. Him and MaryBeth are in my thoughts.

Continuing to keep Ron & Maribeth in our daily thoughts and prayers. Get Well Soon, Ron!

Our prayers for the Randy Elder (rjelder) family for the loss of his father.

Please keep Tim Stone (BSA534) and family in your prayers following his recent surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeworker View Post
    Please keep Tim Stone (BSA534) and family in your prayers following his recent surgery.
    Tim had to have the other leg amputated below the knee. He is in the rehab hospital now. He is also having dialysis three times a week. Tim and his family really needs our prayers.

Many prayers for Tim and his family. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know.

Continuing my prayers for Tim and his family. Thanks for letting me know about his status.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Include doublenickel8 in your prayers, as he has been deployed to Africa as part of the military's Ebola aid operation (Operation United Assistance). May he return to Arkansas safely and healthy from his mission.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen