Thread: Arkansas river in flood stage

grandkid44 Guest

Arkansas river in flood stage

Ive tried to check on all my caches in the river basin at Burns park and have disabled one. Others are at risk . I would caution anyone goiing into this area use extreme caution ...though lethargic , snakes will indeed move during a flood . Let me know if a cache is damaged or lost . As soon as Im safely able to traverese the flood-plain any lost or damaged cache will be repaired-replaced at the same coordinates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thenaturenurd Guest

Snakes?

Grandkid38,

I think id be a little more concerned with the rising water than the snakes if I was out there caching today. Its a little cold for snakes to be moving, though the ones that are moving are probably more concerned with getting to dry land than biting anyone.

My road floods from time to time...the War Eagle is right down from it and backs a creek up over my road sometimes.

Y'all be careful out there.

Craig
    Huntsville, AR

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I have spent most of the last 3 days roaming around in south Arkansas and it is amazing how many acres of low-lands are under water, how soggy the high-lands are and how treacherous the trails are that are along the sides of hills.
    Didn’t see any snakes although snake-boots were in use and it was warm enough to get lots of ticks.

Beware, and take care, out there.

The Arkansas river levels and flow through L.R. area (L&D #6)

http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCDS/PLOTS/WEB/L06.htm

To help you out a little with this info, *I believe* small craft warnings are issued at about 70-80,000 cfs.

Thats some good info BPNJ.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!