Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Image tags

motexoutlaw Guest
    How do I rewrite the code listed in my signature below in BBCode so the image tag will show in the signature line?

As you can see, the tag appears if the code is in the message text. Using this same code for my signature in my profile only lists the code as the signature in messages where the attach signature box is checked.

If you are waiting on me, you are backing up!!

LongDogs Guest
    This should work:

You've got to watch out for extra [ and ] chars in the URL.

motexoutlaw Guest
    LongDogs:

When I copied and pasted your suggested code into my signature it still did not appear as an image tag in the signature of my message. If I copied and pasted it into message text it did come out as a image tag.
    What am I doing wrong?

southdeltan Guest
    Guys - this was a very annoying and tricky problem for us on our website. You have to get your syntax exactly right or it won't work. It's so tricky that I had to relearn how to do it the last time I had to show somebody.

I'll post the syntax (I hope) later - I have a few things to do, been out of town caching and all...

southdeltan

southdeltan Guest
    Ok, to get your userid - use this:

http://www.ikrug.com/geostats/statgenerator.php

Then type this:

Use your user-id instead of mine, of course (It's the stuff after the = sign)

southdeltan

GEO Guest

I am backing up

Motex outlaw how do you do it?

southdeltan Guest
    Just testing out my suggestion, to make sure it does work.

sd

motexoutlaw Guest
    Geo,
    If you notice the signature in your previous post appears as a hot link. When I clicked on that it linked me to your stats button.

I don't know what has changed but my stats button is now displayed in my signature.

The code that is my signature profile is:

Code:
    Where the info within the image brackets came from, I don't know. What I did did was copy the code that I was using as my signature on the Texas Geocaching Web page forum. The first copy and pastes did not have the data within the img brackets and would not display my stats button in the signature. How that info got in my code later: I don't know. But it works!!

GEO Guest

AM I THERE YET?

1 FOR THE GIPPER
    I TRIED AND IT STILL WON'T LINK.
    I WILL TRY LATER.

RuffRidr Guest
    Testing to see if I can get mine working.