Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cliff Monkey

Praying for Nathan & you. Know this must be a tough time!

Sad to hear. Prayers for both.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

So terrible to read about this. Depression is a scourge of humanity, and worse at the age of 14. I will certainly pray for your son, you and your family. Keep us posted, OK?

photojunky Guest
    Nathan is home today, so happy to be free. He sounds better and wants to thank all of you for the prayers. I want to thank all of you as well, our geocaching family. Love you all.

I am glad that he is doing better and I will continue to pray for him. And I think we should set up a permanant thread for anyone who wants to ask for prayers for a loved one.

Praying for your son and family!

dcwalker30 Guest
    Praying for healing.

edieo Guest
    Praying..

JFFOK... First of all, congrats on hitting 6K (). Secondly, I think it is a great idea to set up a general forum category dedicated to "non-caching" needs of the geo-community (e.g., prayer requests, etc.). Some may disagree and feel like this hobby is strictly for lighthearted fun, but we are not Groundspeak. We have our own organization, and we can shape it as we see fit at a more local level. These are real friendships we are forging, even bordering on "family." It hit me several weeks ago as I was creating a contact list for my new DeLorme InReach PLB: "Who would aid me in an urgent situation out in the middle of nowhere? Who could even find me with just a set of coords? My geocaching friends, that's who." And I would do the same for any of our community if I were able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincooder View Post
    jffok... First of all, congrats on hitting 6k (). Secondly, i think it is a great idea to set up a general forum category dedicated to "non-caching" needs of the geo-community (e.g., prayer requests, etc.). Some may disagree and feel like this hobby is strictly for lighthearted fun, but we are not groundspeak. We have our own organization, and we can shape it as we see fit at a more local level. These are real friendships we are forging, even bordering on "family." it hit me several weeks ago as i was creating a contact list for my new delorme inreach plb: "who would aid me in an urgent situation out in the middle of nowhere? Who could even find me with just a set of coords? My geocaching friends, that's who." and i would do the same for any of our community if i were able to do so.
    ditto
    Profile for thefab5willisclan