View Poll Results: Which Type of Batteries Do You Use?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rechargeable

9 50.00%
  • Disposable

9 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rechargeable or Disposable Batteries: Which Do You Use???

We use disposables for the most part. We do have some rechargeable batteries that my wife uses for her camera. I must admit though that my problem with the rechargeable batteries is that it is just one more thing to worry about taking care of. It is easier to just grab the disposables and go or pick up some more while out and about. That, and I have only ever used off brands that did not seem to last as long as I think they should. I have been considering forking out the cash to get the good kind and save in the long run. We will see what happens. Good poll!

We use disposables for the most part.  We do have some rechargeable batteries that my wife uses for her camera.  I must admit though that my problem with the rechargeable batteries is that it is just one more thing to worry about taking care of.  It is easier to just grab the disposables and go or pick up some more while out and about.  That, and I have only ever used off brands that did not seem to last as long as I think they should.  I have been considering forking out the cash to get the good kind and save in the long run.  We will see what happens.  Good poll!

I keep a bucket of batteries in my vehicle because I am a gadget fiend. Always have backup disposable alkalines in most flavors, and disposable lithiums in AA for my PLB's and cameras. But my go-to batteries for everything else are rechargables. I've used Rayovac Platinum, Engergizer and Westinghouse. I've used them so much as to wear them out. I keep a 12V rapid charger in the truck that will charge four batteries in about fifteen minutes. The downside to rechargeables is that they don't hold a charge as long. But I just switch out and recharge in no time.

Since upgrading to DeLorme PN-60w, they came with their own proprietary rechargeable Lithium batteries that are fantastic. They recharge when I connect the device to the 12V charger and last all day. Hooray!