Thread: 1000th Cache Find

Red face 1000th Cache Find

Hi Fellow ArkGeo Cachers,

We have just returned home to 6+ inches of snow in Wisconsin after a great 3 weeks of camping, hiking and geocaching in the Natural State. While there we visited with geocaching friends, Cachecrazies and Pa/Ma from Arkansas. Pa/Ma had recently finished their 1000th cache, and we wanted to transport a Wisconsin Geocaching tradition to Arkansas...so we hid a solid gold (would you believe gold painted?) ammo can with 1000 on the outside for them to find as a private cache.

The theory is that they find it, trade what they want, sign the log AND the outside of the can, then re-hide it or give it to another cacher at an event after he/she finishes their 1000th for them to do the same. First part went well, as they found their 1000th can near Jo Jo's along the White River where we dined on catfish after the Bean Festival. They don't attend many events and didn't know others approaching 1000 caches, SO they asked us to hide it for another 1000-finder to find.

We have hidden the gold ammo can as a private cache (not listed on geocaching.com) at Pigeon Creek Recreation area near Mountain Home, Ar. Any Arkansas geocacher who has 1000 or more finds is welcome to seek it out, take the can, sign the outside, and pass on to another at an event or as a private cache to continue on the tradition.

Only rules are: Leave a note in this thread that you are going to seek it, so others will not be looking at the same time and be disappointed.

Parking N 36* 24.409 Final Container at N 36* 24.396
    W 092* 21.574 W 092* 21.900
    Hint. Between stump and bottom of ledge

Difficulty 2 Terrain 3 (distance about .3 mile as the crow flies) Just off a nice trail.

Happy trails!! Hotdogs_Off_Trail from Wisconsin

Semipaw Guest
    Just wondering if this has been found yet? Sounds like a fun idea, and we get down to the Norfolk Lake area occasionally and may give this a try in the next month or so.

To our knowledge, this container is still out there waiting for a finder. Happy New Year, and good hunting. Please post if you are planning on searching for the 1000th container. Happy Trails!!

Semipaw Guest
    I went looking for the golden ammo box today, and I'm pretty confident it is no longer there. The coordinates led me right to a spot that matched the hint, and I even saw some pieces of wood that could have been used to cover an ammo box, but no dice. No worries though, I still enjoyed my walk on this trail. This is a great spot that deserves a cache of its own. I might have to put one here in the future. Thanks anyway!

I am very sorry that you came up empty. It could have been muggled by a hunter, and we will check around Easter time. there were some nice things in that container. This is a very nice area for hiking, and we were also thinking of a cache in the area when we return in the spring. Keep us informed of your plans if you decide to put one there. We have a home about 3 miles away.