Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Munzees

I have a love/hate relationship with the munzee game. I want to like it, but it was released prematurely and still reeks of beta. Its backbreakers are (1) that it depends totally upon a quirky electronic gadget and (2) it is anti-rural. Lots of bugs.

This is an old thread and I'm a little behind the times. I have to say that yesterday 7/25/12 was the first time I had heard the term Munzee. It sounds like fun like Geocaching but it seems to be "all about the numbers". Which I guess Geocaching is but no one wants to admit it. I don't have the energy to play all the games that are available and I don't have the money to buy all the new gadgets necessary to play them. I have a cell phone but not a Smart Phone so I can't play this game. It's not that I'm an old foggy, its just that I 'm a poor old foggy. My cell phone is already an antique. Just can't keep up with you younguns.

ums

Steal Your Cache Guest
    i have been capturing some and while i was in Disney i was out of virtual caches in the parks but when i opened up munzee they were all over the place. i wish the virtual cache would come back.

gingerose Guest
    There seems to have been a Munzee explosion in Hot Springs....Hehehe!

specialteacher Guest
    There are to many in Russellville to get in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by specialteacher View Post
    There are to many in Russellville to get in one day.
    I am going to see how many I can find tomorrow morning in a couple of hours.

Now that I am back home I can sit down and go through posts and even respond to a few. I spent two weeks in Russellville at Tech for band camp and was grabbing munzees left and right, hand over fist, like shooting fish in a barrel, etc. I went from level 1 to level 23 in no time at all. Thanks to specialteacher, turtle, coon, cooder and all the rest for placing so many! I will be returning the favor in the north central area of the state as soon as I possibly can. So, keep an eye open on the map in the near future.

Has anyone else noticed Geocaching.com is coming out with it's own Munzee challenges? Called QR challenges.

http://www.geocaching.com/challenges/types.aspx

I find it a fairly fun geolocation game when I can't get away for geocaching, but it doesn't beat caching by a long shot. Lots of bugs and over-dependence on often-fallible electronics. Navigation is awkward, and too wide open without boundaries, which I'm hoping will and must change. But geocaching went through some of the same growing pains.

Coon&Bud created a "Munzee Arkansas" Facebook group if you are interested in joining the conversation there.

dexterjg Guest
    I am finding that here lately to look for more Munzees than caches. Munzees are a lot easier to "log". And you know exactly what you are looking for. There is no Unknown catigory in Munzeeing. I think for a while, I will be focussing on Munzees instead of caches. I may hide a cache here or there over the next year, but may not look for many. Y'all have fun out there!!!!!!!!!