Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange container change

Brettp2004 Guest
    I definitely understand not wanting to pay for more than one premium membership. My son will soon be old enough to start finding caches and I probably won't get him a membership. Is there anyway for a CO to allow them to log it without a premium membership? Once you have the cache created can you go back in and uncheck the premium only box for a little while so they could log it? It wouldn't be ideal unless you knew the CO but if it was me I wouldn't mind doing it. Just a thought.

cateyetech Guest
    Log into your non premium membership and go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com/ enter the GC # (you will have it from your premium membership log) and log them finds Families ONLY!

Brettp2004 Guest
    Thats awesome. Good to know. Thanks!

The free app doesn't show Caches that are rated very hard. I didn't plan it this way, but my Caches that could easily get messed up are all rated harder and they can't be seen with the free app. My brother wanted to find my Caches and they wouldn't show up on his phone, but he was still able to log them because they are not premium member only Caches. But I wouldn't recomend over rating a Cache just for that reason. My next "big" Cache will probably be rated easy, but because of how it will be made I will probably make it a premium member only Cache to help keep it safe.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

If you can still pay for membership on a month-by-month basis (not sure if thats still an option), you COULD pay for a month, log all the premium caches that the kids have found then downgrade back to a regular membership. Might be a cheap alternative to get those caches logged without having to pay for extra premium memberships....

Brettp2004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cateyetech View Post
    Log into your non premium membership and go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com/ enter the GC # (you will have it from your premium membership log) and log them finds Families ONLY!
    From the looks of it you don't have to! You can log premium caches without a premium membership if you found them with family.