Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Arkansas Challenge Event

O.K. that does sound like fun! When will the Cache page be posted and can you put the link on here?
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

The cache page is done. Just waiting for the reviewer to publish it.

Phantom_491 Guest
    If I'm not working, & if I can get enough money saved up (for gas, meals, etc) I'll try to make it. Would be great to cache in the Natural state again!!

OK the cache page has been published GC3AR9B. We are currently working on a webpage that will have all the info and rules along with a registration page. Saturday night we are going to have a BBQ meal from Fat Daddy's. Each person will be responsible for paying for their own meal. We are also looking at producing an event t-shirt and possibly a pathtag. We will offer these seperately or a package deal. We hope to have the new page up and running by the first week of February.

In the meantime if you have any questions feel free to email or call me.

Richard (IdRatherBeHiking)
    id_rather_be_hiking@hotmail.com
    479-858-1840

The Official Arkansas Challenge 2012 Event Webpage is now ready. There you will find all the information needed to get ready for the challenge.
    There are links to preregister for the challenge event ($2 registration fee) and also a link to prepay for your meal $8.50 per person(if you so choose) on Saturday night.
    Preregistration is recommended, we will have lots do on the day of the event and this will just make things go smoother.

If you are looking for a team to play on check out This Thread.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Challenge!!!

Remember, if you have any questions feel free to email or call me.

Richard Lee (IdRatherBeHiking)
    id_rather_be_hiking@hotmail.com
    479-858-1840
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 03-06-2012 at 10:59 AM.

I have a few questions:

1: We are a family of five, can the 3 year old tag along and we still be a team of 4? Wait that won't work either, we have a guest coming with us. I guess we will need to split up into two teams. So new question #1: can two teams work together?

2: Does each member of the team pay the $2.00 fee or is this $2.00 per team?

3: We plan to camp on site with a tent or 3. Do we need to reserve a campsite or will there be plenty of spots.

4: Is every one else ready to not be first, because we will be!

We are prepared to maybe split into 2 seperate teams if need be. My wife also has the Geocaching app on her phone. We will do whatever to make everyone happy. Well I guess everyone will not be to happy when we win!
    Last edited by thefab5willisclan; 03-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.

And the winners are:

3rd place goes to the team of Captain Cooder, SJClimber, Nukeworker, and Rhone.
    IMG_9292.jpg

2nd Place goes to Captain Atom.
    IMG_9293.jpg

And the winner of the 1st annual Arkansas Challenge is:
    Yazzman
    IMG_9294.jpg

Congratulations to these guys on a great effort at the challenge. I'm sure they are looking forward to the next one.

If you didn't get to attend you missed out! It was a lot of fun! We can't wait till next year.