Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Arkansas Challenge Event

1st Arkansas Challenge Event

OK it is now official.

The first ever Arkansas Challenge Event will be Saturday March 31st at Mt. Nebo State Park. We have reserved the large pavilion for the entire day and the park staff is very excited about this event.

The cache page should be published in the next couple of days. I just wanted to get this out here so everyone can begin making plans. There are cabins and plenty of tent camping options available at the park. You can reach the park at 479-229-3655 to make your reservations. And of course there are plenty of hotels in Russellville.

Stay tuned for more info coming soon. This should be a very fun weekend.

If anyone wishes to volunteer to help out at the event it would be greatly appreciated.

Brettp2004 Guest
    Sounds like a good time and I happen to have that weekend off! If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I don't live near there but I'll do what I can to help.

Sounds like fun!! We will mark that on the calendar. Thanks

Marked on the calender and counting down. Sounds like a day of fun! Let me know if I can help out in any way!
    jim white

We'll be moved from Russellville before the event, but will sure try to make it. It sounds like a blast based on other challenge events I've heard about.

I should be there and if you need help just let me know in what area.

We have only been Caching since June, 2011. What exactly is a challenge event?
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

edieo Guest
    Sounds awesome!

Better get in shape, huh? HR and HND, you are on my team!

Many of you may ask just what is a challenge event.

Well the simple explanation is as follows:
    A certain number of temporary caches will be placed among the many trails of the state park. Each cache will be worth a a certain number of points depending on the terrain and difficulty rating of each. Participants will have a predetermined amount of time to find as many caches as possible. The team or individual with the highest score will be the winner. A link with a more detailed list of the rules will be provided very soon as details are finalized.