Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching in fiction

Geocaching in fiction

The Eagle Eye has a guilty pleasure. She likes to read vampire romance books. She recently read a book called "BITE" written by Heather Litteral. Geocaching was mentioned several times in the book. The main characters sister, who apparently dies, loved to geocache and the book mentions it several times, even going in to detail on how it works. I was wondering if anyone else has seen any books with geocaching mentioned in them?
    As much as I love geocaching I'm not sure I'm ready for a vampire romance, so I will probably never read this book! But maybe if there is another out there, a little tamer, I might could read it.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

dcwalker30 Guest
    I'm not much of a "reader" as you call it. I could definitely see potential in a murder-mystery book that is centered around geocaching!

T'nH Guest
    Did you ever find any good reads? I've seen some, both kids and adults, on amazon but not sure if they are any good. This one is new and written by a geocacher. I got a laugh at the disclaimer/title page in the "read inside feature" on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Cached-Out-Cli...I16747W850C885

Quote Originally Posted by T'nH View Post
    Did you ever find any good reads? I've seen some, both kids and adults, on amazon but not sure if they are any good. This one is new and written by a geocacher. I got a laugh at the disclaimer/title page in the "read inside feature" on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Cached-Out-Cli...I16747W850C885

Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to check this one out.

This one looks interesting, I think I could read it! Thanks!

I just now read the Disclaimer/title page that is funny! They must know us geocachers well!

the-snowlight Guest
    We learned about geocaching from a boxcar childrens book my son was reading. We looked it up and got our first cache after church (Kits- GC1W89R) and were hooked.

The Box That Watch Found (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #113)
    Another is Stephen Booth's book 'The Dead Place

T'nH Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by the-snowlight View Post
    We learned about geocaching from a boxcar childrens book my son was reading. We looked it up and got our first cache after church (Kits- GC1W89R) and were hooked.

The Box That Watch Found (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #113)
    Another is Stephen Booth's book 'The Dead Place
    That's great! How fun.-----and thanks for the titles.

My husband got the Cached-Out on Kindle for me tonight and so far so good.

The Rat Guest
    That's great! How fun.-----and thanks for the titles.

My husband got the Cached-Out on Kindle for me tonight and so far so good.
    Hello Arkansans,
    I'm the author of Cached Out, and, of course, a geocacher. I see you have a thread mentioning it so I thought I would log in in order to let you know that a discount is available to geocachers on the paperback. To get this you have to buy from the publisher, CreateSpace, not from Amazon. Here's the link: Cached Out. The discount code is NP4N4WYP and will get you 10% off. Please don't distribute that outside the geocaching community. I'm afraid I have no way to give a discount on the Kindle version. The paperback, by the way, is a full-size 6"x9" "trade" paperback, not the smaller 4x6 pocket-sized paperback you may be thinking of.

Sales and reviews have been good and it is obvious a lot of them have been from the geocaching community, so I want to thank those of you on this thread who have mentioned it. I plan to attend the 2nd International EarthCache Mega Event in St. George, Utah and will be signing (and selling) copies there in September. Also, this weekend it will be available at the Texas Challenge in Port Aransas. I won't be there, and the discount isn't available there, but you'll save on sales tax and shipping and can check out the book first.

Thanks again for the kind words.

THE RAT

COcover.JPG

T'nH Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Hello Arkansans,
    I'm the author of Cached Out, and, of course, a geocacher. I see you have a thread mentioning it so I thought I would log in in order to let you know that a discount is available to geocachers on the paperback. To get this you have to buy from the publisher, CreateSpace, not from Amazon. Here's the link: Cached Out. The discount code is NP4N4WYP and will get you 10% off. Please don't distribute that outside the geocaching community. I'm afraid I have no way to give a discount on the Kindle version. The paperback, by the way, is a full-size 6"x9" "trade" paperback, not the smaller 4x6 pocket-sized paperback you may be thinking of.

Sales and reviews have been good and it is obvious a lot of them have been from the geocaching community, so I want to thank those of you on this thread who have mentioned it. I plan to attend the 2nd International EarthCache Mega Event in St. George, Utah and will be signing (and selling) copies there in September. Also, this weekend it will be available at the Texas Challenge in Port Aransas. I won't be there, and the discount isn't available there, but you'll save on sales tax and shipping and can check out the book first.

Thanks again for the kind words.

THE RAT

COcover.JPG

Thanks for stopping by! My teen and I have enjoyed your book! Best wishes to you in the continued sale of your book.