Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: ArkGeo Board Meeting Minutes January 13, 2012

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    167

    ArkGeo Board Meeting Minutes January 13, 2012

    ArkGeo Board Meeting Minutes

    January 13, 2012



    Round Table Discussion

    We discussed the need for an orientation for new members of the Board each year.


    Call to Order

    Roll Call of Members Present

    All members of the Board were present, either by phone or in person. Our Webite Manager, Kevin Cackler (the Cacklers) was unable to attend.

    Guests present: Jeremy Rowland (DaTexanBoy), Mike Waid (CardsFan55), Kim Uhrich (1/2 of knkinCabot), Pat Vaughn (woodwalker9), Maribeth Laster (1/2 of rklmbl), and Wayne Lunsford (gaddiel)


    Selection of Executive Committee for 2012 - 2013

    Immediate Past President - Richard Lee (idratherbehiking)

    President - Chris Denton (cpdenton)

    Vice President - Ron White (ron white)

    Secretary/Treasurer - Judy Vaughn (mathseeker)


    Officer Reports


    President's Report:

    President’s Report to the Board

    by Richard Lee

    January 13, 2011


    The Fund Raising and Membership Relations committees finished the design contest for our next ArkGeo Geocoin. We are currently awaiting bids before having the coin made.


    As of Thursday, January 12th there are a total of 231 registered voters, giving us an increase of 9 since last quarter and an increase of 20 since the July meeting. Which gets us almost half way to reaching our goal of a 20% increase by July 2012.


    During the quarter there were no ArkGeo Eat-N-Greets held. However there are several in the works right now.


    The ArkGeo web site still continues to perform well and I would like to thank Kevin Cackler for all his hard work keeping us going.


    A great big Thanks to all of those who volunteer and spend some of their time promoting ArkGeo and geocaching in the state of Arkansas.




    Treasurer's Report:


    Website Manager's Report:

    Website traffic through this quarter remained consistent with the previous quarter. Website upgrades were performed to increase security and continue our spam-free operation in early December. Due to hardware issues with our current server (It is aging, and not well), we will be performing a migration of the website and databases this evening to a new datacenter and server provider (Taylor Made Servers in the Colo4Dallas datacenter). This will greatly improve performance of the website and will ensure that we are able to continue to grow. This migration will not require any downtime, but it will require an IP address change. Until the new IP propagates, it may appear to some visitors that the website is down. This should only have an impact for around 24 hours, and even then, only to some users. Due to the urgent nature of this move, prior notice was not able to be given.

    Committee/Other Reports


    Election Committee:Election Committee prepared by Chris Denton (Cpdenton), Board Liaison


    The Election Committe's current members are:


    Will Pumphrey - Flannelman (Chair)

    Richard Lee - Idratherbehiking

    Reid Henry - SJClimber

    Edie Obryant - Edieo

    Beth Daniel -topkitty98


    Chris Denton - Cpdenton (board Liaison)


    The election committee, behind the leadership of Will Pumphrey, has begun the process of soliciting for nominees. The goal is to have the pool of nominees by the end of January and start the process of selecting nominees to contact in February. Also please note that The committee has solicited nominees from the general membership in the forums and will continue to do so.



    Fund Raising Committee:

    The Fundraising Committee received the winning ArkGeo Coin design and submitted it to several companies that mint geocoins. Suggestions came from ArkGeo members and we tried to get bids from companies that had supported our events or our member's events as well. We have recieved several bids and are still waiting on a few others.


    We plan to have a face-to-face meeting at the Paris even for any member who can attend. At that meeting we'll reveiw the bids we have so far and come up with some ideas on prices. Once the final bids are in we plan to make a recommendation to the board in order to get the pre-orders going.


    Tim Stone

    BSA534

    Fundraising Committee Liasion


    Community Relations Committee: no report at this time.


    Events Committee: The committee is currently working on planning for the Arkansas Challenge Event to be held at Mt Nebo State Park on March 31st. The committee has also begun planning for the Annual Meeting to be held at Daisy State Park June 9th.


    Membership Relations Committee:

    Current Membership Relations Committee Members:

    Ron White – ronwhite (Board Liaison)

    Judy Vaughn – MathSeeker (Chairperson)

    Justin Murphree – arkfiremedic

    Morgan O’Neal – drmo913

    Sharon and Glynn Simmons – Flyfishingcachers


    Membership Relations Committee Activities:

    11/13/2011 Voting ended in the ArkGeo 2.0 coin design contest with 77 ArkGeo members voting.

    11/22/2011 A majority of the ArkGeo Board of Directors gave final approval to produce design #2 of from the ArkGeo 2.0 coin design contest and the coin design was handed over to the Fund Raising Committee to begin getting quotes on cost to produce the coin.

    11/22/2011 ArkGeo membership were notified of the results of the ArkGeo 2.0 coin design, with design #2, by Michelle Pappagallo (mpappagallo) declared the winner with 23.38% (1 of the votes.

    11/13/2011 Finalized and approved the final Profile Questions for the monthly “Geocacher Profile” that is posted on the homepage of the ArkGeo website.

    12/02/2011 Posted on the homepage of the ArkGeo website the first Arkansas Geocacher showcased; ArkGeo President, Richard Lee (IdRatherBeHiking).

    01/01/2012 Posted on the homepage of the ArkGeo website the second Arkansas Geocacher showcased; ArkGeo Immediate Past President, David Spicer (paris1time).


    ArkGeo Newsletter – The Membership Relations Committee discussed the ArkGeo Newsletter and decided to try and make it a monthly publication. Items that were discussed that may be included are: 1) New Member Introductions

    2) GSAK Tips

    3) Favorite and oldest caches in Arkansas

    4) Message from the Board or Board President

    5) Events


    On January 2, 2012, the Membership Relations Committee Chairperson (Judy Vaughn) asked Morgan O’Neal (drmo913) to head up the monthly newsletter effort. On January 7, 2012, Morgan accepted to head up the challenge in putting out the monthly newsletter, but will take several weeks to get started, due to prior commitments.

    Unfinished Business

    I. Status of ArkGeo goals: Please see goals listed elsewhere on this site.

    We voted to change the name to "ArkGeo Board Goals" due to the original intent and purpose of these goals. Any ArkGeo member who can help with any of our goals should please feel free to contact the Board member who is the "owner" of that goal.


    II. New ArkGeo geocoin progress

    Tim Stone reported on the progress made towards making the new geocoin a reality. He showed us several quotes from different companies. He was given a couple more company suggestions and now just has to narrow it down to quotes on comparable coins with our contest winner's design. He will be presenting the Fund Raising Committee's final recommendation to the Board soon.


    III. Moving the ArkGeo account to the new bank

    Beth Daniel reported that all the ArkGeo monies are now deposited in our ArkGeo Regions Bank account. This bank is more accessible across the state than our former bank. We encourage the Fund Raising Committee members who raise funds to follow our new guidelines for deposits.


    IV. ArkGeo Annual Event progress

    We voted to hold our Annual Event at Daisy State Park on June 9, 2012. The Events Committee has been authorized to proceed with the procuring of reservations and planning. We will further discuss the changing of the format for the 2013 annual event due to heat and other concerns.


    V. Arkansas Challenge Event

    The first ever Arkansas Challenge Event is to be held on March 31, 2012 at Mt. Nebo State Park! Richard will be pursuing options of tshirts, pathtags, etc. in the near future. Make plans to attend now!


    New Business

    I. Amend Article 3 Section 3 of the Bylaws for a change in the election duration.

    Proposed amendment: Change "Voting will take place on the ArkGeo website, and will reamain open for a period of thirty (30) days," to read "Voting will take place on the ArkGeo website, and will remain open from the first day of the designated month, and will remain open until midnight on the final day of the month." Election schedule will be updated to reflect this change also.

    This amendment was approved.


    II. Amend last sentence in Article IV Section I of the bylaws to change an incorrect reference. Change "All Board meetings will be conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised (see Article XII)." to read "All Board meetings will be conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised) see Article XIII)."

    This proposal was approved.


    III. Possible amendment to the last sentence of the Bylaws Article 3, Section 3 "Eligibility: Any member of ArkGeo (see article II, Section 2), who has been a member of ArkGeo for a minimum of one (1) year as of the date nominations close will be eligible to run for a Board position." to clarify that this means a voting Member.

    This proposal was approved.


    IV. Making the ArkGeo Board Goals and any other remaining documents public.

    This proposal was approved.


    V. Private message request to the board from a member to "repeal the 'Only Board members can talk at Board meetings' unwritten rule."

    According to our bylaws Article IV -Section 1. Board Meetings -- All Board meetings will be conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order. That means that anyone wishing to address the board will have to be put on the agenda. That is why we ask that you contact a board member before hand so we can add it. This is done this way to keep the Order during the meeting. If it is not done in this fashion there would be chaos with too many people trying to talk at the same time or discussions wandering off subject. The participants may even come out of the meeting with different views on what was decided.


    During the October 15th 2010 board meeting the board also voted to "amend the standing rules to say: Membership will be given 10 minutes during the ”Round Table Discussion” to address the board." Thus giving the membership even more opportunity to speak at the meeting. We also give guests time at the end of the meeting just in case they have anything else to add or questions.


    Next Board meeting is April 20, 2012 in Conway.

    Adjournment

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Russellville
    Posts
    911
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the minutes for the meeting were posted one day late due to an issue we were having on the site yesterday. It would not let me post a new thread under my account or the ArkGeo Board account.

    We are still unsure exactly what caused this and apologize for the delay in getting the minutes posted.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hot Springs, AR
    Posts
    215
    (2nd attempt as this did not post the 1st time)
    The minutes look good!

    When can we expect the tresurers report? I assume it was given but just accidently omitted.

    Thanks to All board members for your time and effort it takes to be on the Arkgeo board and dealing with some of the issues that arise!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, AR
    Posts
    944
    Sorry the treasurer has been occupied with a hospitalized Momma. I overlooked my own report and I'll do my best to put that in tomorrow/today.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkGeo_Board View Post
    ArkGeo Board Meeting Minutes
    I. Status of ArkGeo goals: Please see goals listed elsewhere on this site.

    We voted to change the name to "ArkGeo Board Goals" due to the original intent and purpose of these goals. Any ArkGeo member who can help with any of our goals should please feel free to contact the Board member who is the "owner" of that goal.
    I can't seem to find them

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Russellville
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    I can't seem to find them
    Click the documents tab at the top of the page and then click "Board Goals".

    It looks like there is a broken link to the document. I'll get Kevin to fix it asap.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, AR
    Posts
    944
    Treasurer's Report
    All ArkGeo monies have been deposited in our Regions Bank account. This will make it easier for members across the state to make deposits.
    Our current balance is $ 2,084.87.
    This quarter we purchased checks for the new account.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russellville
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Click the documents tab at the top of the page and then click "Board Goals".

    It looks like there is a broken link to the document. I'll get Kevin to fix it asap.
    The link is still not working!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

    "When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russellville
    Posts
    364
    We're in the middle of moving to Conway. You'll have to forgive me for not getting to this immediately.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russellville
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    We're in the middle of moving to Conway. You'll have to forgive me for not getting to this immediately.
    OK! Sorry! I didn't know! We're going to miss you in Russellville.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

    "When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •