Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading to the Big D

pshelto Guest

Heading to the Big D

Well everyone, I am sad to announce that I am leaving the Natural State for the LoneStar State, starting at the end of January due to a new job I have taken. I'm sad to be leaving such a great geocaching state, but excited for the big city and new opportunities (as well as a ton of new caches).

I currently have a few geocaches in my name and I am looking for anyone who might want to adopt one or two or five. I plan on keeping my caches near Norman, AR, but you are welcome to help maintain them. However, I will not be able to maintain my two state parks (Moro Bay and Poison Springs), as well as my many Camden area caches. If there is one you found particularly challenging, or unique or fun, please let me know and I would love to put it in your hands.

I appreciate all the great Arkansas caches I have met and look forward to still attending events when possible. Feel free to drop me a line when you are in Dallas to catch up or send me great caches you have found in the area.

-Blair

Hey man, let me be the first to say congrats on your new endeavor!! Been on your situation many times, new job, new city... New is fun! Best of luck, just be careful, there are probably allot more Rangers fans down there. They're kind of an iffy bunch, hehe. Camden's a bit too far for my cache mobile on maint runs, but I think I know where I'll try to hit up between now & Jan, in case you have to archive them. ~Mike

pshelto Guest
    I will probably leave many with AllenEarl, but some of my harder to maintain ones will probably get the axe. C'mon down.

Best of luck to you in your new job and new home! You are heading off onto another of Life's adventures, and I am sure that it will be exciting for you!

Regarding the Moro Bay and Poison Springs ParkCaches, do you have any recommendations on a cacher in that area that I might recruit? Or is there someone else out there reading this message that can step up and volunteer to take over the responsibility for maintaining these two ParkCaches? (If so, please email me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com).
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Congrats and good luck. Sorry I can't be of assistance with your caches. I am in Camden a lot but I am usually running behind with no time to spare. If I get a chance I will do what I can.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Congratulations on the new job. I really hate that we will be losing you but Texas is a great place too. Hope to see you around at an event sometime in the future. Thanks for all the help you have done on the Events Committee. It is greatly appreciated. Good Luck and keep in touch.
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 12-09-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: typos

We wish you success in your move. Don't know what area of Big D you are moving to but there is a group of cachers in the Dallas area that meet at Poncho and Lefty's every Monday night. It's on Highway 66 nearly in Rockwall. It's not an event but just a get-together. Great group. Sandbassking and queen and drives are usually there. They are two of the most prolific cachers in the area and their caches are great. drives famous people series of caches are always must dos when we see one. The cache pages themselves are as entertaining as the caches. We usually make it to Big D three or four times a year and if you haven't found all the caches and the location is right, maybe we can cache together some time.

pshelto Guest
    Thanks everyone! I am working in the Grand Prairie area and hope to live in Mansfield, near Lake Joe Pool. I would suggest AFM or TMJ. They are both really involved. Broncos's girl might be a nice one to recruit too.

Everyone is welcome to call me any time you are in town and need somewhere to crash; I won't have a place for several months, but once I get situated, I will give a shout out. Thanks for the heads up rklmbl; I will check out the cachers you mentioned.

Congratulations and best wishes on your new job. In order to reach the new, you have to leave the old behind. Happy trails to you .

Also sad to lose you, but you've already seen the bright side: new caches! And Texas will be a great place to live. Wish I could adopt the Moro Bay cache. So many childhood memories.