The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Chris Denton aka Cpdenton, should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?
Cpdenton

How did you choose your handle?
I thought about what name to use about 5 seconds longer than Ron White did! I should say that it is my first two initials and my last name C. P. Denton.

How long have you been geocaching?
Since April of 2008

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
GC187Z8 ▼ Some Dance to Forget. But I did not even have a username yet and did not think to log it. Some friends took us to find caches around OKC. I signed up for a username as soon as we got home from the trip. I should have went back and logged that cache!

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
My 3 Girls! Wife Christi, Kids Hailey and Emily. It is a family event for us.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?
Ummmmm. Do I have to answer that?? Not long usually, unless a friend has challenged me to find it.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
Love Morrilton and Searcy, but one weekend a couple of years back, me and some friends cleared out a 10 mile radius around Wichita Falls Texas. That was fun.

Do you do paperless caching?
GSAK and now use our iPhones a LOT. Great for those impromptu cache grabs!

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
Garmin GPS 60csx, and NUVI on the dash and an iPhone or two.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?
The family time and memories we have made are priceless.

Where are you originally from?
Cave City Arkansas

In what states you have geocached?
Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado.

What was your first event ever attended?
GC1DM2M Breakfast In Hot Springs Meet and Greet. First person I identifies as a cacher was Quartzcachers, Bruce Crain. He asked me if I found the Off your rocker cache in front of the place, which I could proudly tell him yes!

How many caches have you found?
Around 2360 right now. I still have some logs to submit, so we will see!

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
Ammo cans of course!

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
Maybe the Final Tool Time series cache that cachemates has hidden. Great cache, but maybe we need to take a trip to Mingo?

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
Disposable mostly, but have many rechargeable batteries in things all around the house.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
We love to find a good cache as much as hiding a smiley for someone else to find.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?
Give kids something to dig through, OR show someone a good type of cache hide.

What is you favorite type of cache hide?
The one I can actually find! Just Kidding, Love the old virtual caches, great history with them.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?
GC3BEYJ 4000 minus one. Celebrates the day we adopted Emily.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
Everyone is different on this, but as long as your local area has good caches for others to find, then that is great. The types of hides you have seem to matter as well. Hide a good unique hide or a regular size cache will build a cachers reputation as much as hiding a trail with 50 caches on it. Both have their place.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
Mtnbirders, from Colorado got us started. Our wives know each other and when we would meet up in the midwest, the boys needed something to do.

What's your favorite geocache?
GC18HAX One Slick Place at the Museum of Natural resources in Smackover. LOVED IT!

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?
Hit the Alien Highway, or a run to find the original Stash.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
Groups are always better.

How many First to Finds do you have?
Couldn't tell you. They have really slowed down lately though! Somewhere north of 50 i Know.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
Use to be, but not any more. They are set at 20 miles now.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?
I am a Ham radio operator, and I LOVE severe weather spotting.