Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS Arkansas Adventures

GPS Arkansas Adventures

We were hoping to visit the GPS Arkansas Adventure Maze at the University of Arkansas Discovery Zone in Fayetteville soon. Is the unique maze icon still available when touring this location, or was that only during the grand opening in Smackover, Arkansas back in 2009? There doesn't seem to be a cache page listing at the location of the musuem in order to log our visit. If the icon is still available how do we proceed? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can share with us.

According to this schedule, it was supposed to open in Fayetteville in September. I haven't heard why it did not and I haven't heard of a revised opening date.

When it does open, you can still get the icon. In fact, even if you have visited it at another location, you can visit it again and get another "find" added to your icon count because it will be listed under a different GC number.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thank you for the information ORR. We will call the musuem before heading up there.

Spoke with a staff member at the University of Arkansas Discovery Zone in Fayetteville this morning. The GPS Arkansas Adventure Maze has indeed been delayed. She anticipates it arriving after the first of January, but didn't know the details. She didn't have any information on where we might visit the maze at this time.

Ashallond Guest
    Here's a link to their webpage.

http://cmase.uark.edu/UADZ/UADZ.htm

Ashallond Guest
    I emailed Bonnie Craig, director of the UA Discovery Zone and she told me that barring anything unforeseen, the GPS adventures will open on Dec. 20th.

Looking futher at the webpage, they've updated the calendar to show that the exhibition will run from Dec. 20th to March 20th, with it open Tuesday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. The calendar can be viewed on the above webpage and click on the calendar link under 'General UADZ information'

Thank you Ashallond for the updated info. We hope to visit this exhibit sometime soon, NW & RBG

We went to it when it was in Smackover, will definitely go to it again when in opens in Fayetteville!!!

Looking forward to visiting the traveling GPS Exhibit when it gets open in Fayetteville. Thanks for keeping us updated Ashallond.
    jim white

GPS Adventures Arkansas - U of A Discovery Zone
    It has been published. I think I will make the trip up there to go through it again. It's been a while since Smackover.