Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Caching

Power Caching

Okay, so most everyone who has been caching several years have at least had a day of one hundred finds on one day. My question is what is your best consecutive day finds? I plan on, weather permitting, hitting Hot Springs hard over a 3 day period in an attempt to score 300 caches so I can celebrate a milestone on a cruise at the end of the month. I know the previous 100 in a day trips I've had have worn me out, but I had to drive long distances to get them and for this my coordinates will be at Lake Catherine State Park limiting my driving. Anyone have a run like this?

Nope, but keep a thread going on how it's going. Would love to keep up with your experience with this endeavor!

Our best day ever was only 32. I can't imagine over 100. But ours was a mixture. There was even a 4 and a 5 difficulty. If we hit a power trail I'm sure it's possible. Even for us with our 3 kids that get bored after about 2 hours.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Our biggest one day individually was 36. As part of a group and activities we got 76 at the SWAGVILLE event in April of this year. We got a weekend total of 113 that weekend. It was a lot of fun but a very exhausting weekend.

The first time we made it over 100 in a day--106--was coming back from Louisiana on February 3, 2010.
    Our best day ever was 176 doing the Highway 70 power trail run May 29, 2010. We were pretty proud of that one.
    Our best consecutive days run was a three-day run October 28-29-30, 2010, with CFD29 in Oklahoma. We ended up with 406.
    All that in 2010.

What happened to 2011??? Looked back at the numbers and nothing close to that. We did get 322 January 4-5-6 in Texas. Guess thats not too bad for old folks.

Thanks for making us look at the spread sheets.

drmo913 Guest
    I guess that I'm not much of a power cacher. My best day is only 49 caches. In fact, my best month is at a paltry 124.

Hot~Rod and I did most of the Hwy 70 series (like 114 I think), but when we stopped for lunch, we got tempted by an FTF in Stuttgart that appealed more to us. After failing to find the cache in Stuttgart, we were worn out by power trailing and headed home. Not really our style, but we can say we did it. Other than that, I had a particularly long and prolific day in the woods north of Morrilton in which I racked up over fifty (52, 57, I can't remember). That was all by myself, plenty of DNF's, one FTF, and lots of acreage covered. Perhaps the one single day I look back on with the most desire to repeat would be chasing Cardinal's Lake Wilson series. Bluebird autumn day, miles and miles bushwhacking and intense puzzle solving. I only wish I had a buddy or two with which to share that day. It was magnificent, and I would do it again.

ActMoritz Guest
    Best days
    220 Oklahoma Run (power trail)
    60 walking the fresco trail in Springfield
    51 Just driving around like crazy in NWA

My most in a day was 7-5-10 with 180 finds. Hwy 70 series plus a few others on the way home. captaincooder I agree with you on the Lake Wilson series. That was some great hiking and bushwhacking.

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I think my best day last year was 12/31/10 - Hwy 70 series, ended up getting I think 190 that day, but I couldnt imagine going out the next day to grab nearly that many. Good luck though, keep us updated to how you did.