Thread: What Did You Get for Christmas??

What Did You Get for Christmas??

What was the best geocaching present you got for Christmas? Mine was a fishing vest with about 25 pockets. I filled it up with all the geocaching stuff we used to carry around in a backpack: swag, pens, batteries, flashlight, ziplock bags, log stickers, etc. No more fumbiling around the pack looking for something. It's comfortable enough to wear in the cache-mobile and now the kids don't argue about whose turn it is to carry the bag. Plus, Ellen says I don't look any goofier than normal when I'm wearing it
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

I got lots of neat stuff, including a cigarette lighter adapter for the Magellan, a Geocaching.com t-shirt, and some GC.com stickers for the car!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

RuffRidr Guest
    I can't think of anything Geocaching related that I got for Christmas. However, I did give my dad a GPS for Christmas. Hopefully, he will become a new cacher. He has went out with me on a couple of hunts, and I think he enjoyed them.

--RuffRidr

cachecrazies Guest
    I (Mrs. Crazy) had an OVERWHELMING geocaching Christmas!

Mr. Crazy got me a new Garmin 60CS along with new hiking boots & socks! (Gotta have socks! LOL) That was fantastic but my most overwhelming gift came from my staff at work.

Although none of them are cachers they understand (or at least tolerate) my passion for this crazy hobby. They always ask where we're going for the weekend or what we found - but I underestimated how much attention they paid!

For Christmas they gave me a new backpack. Filled with everything a geocacher needs to take with them (from a list they got off of gc.com) - a compass, flashlight, first aid kit, handwarmers, chapstick, sun screen, rain poncho, orange safety vest , bug spray, extra batteries - you name it and it was in the backpack! And to top it off - they had ordered and attached to the backpack a new travel bug.

Talk about a caring, personal gift that was time consuming to put together! For a change, I was absolutely speechless!

Anybody wonder why I gave them an extra half day off the next week?

We hope that all of you had a great Christmas also!

Linda

*edited for spelling error

Wow, you work with some great folks!

I got some pretty special geo stuff too. New hiking boots that actually do keep me upright (MOST of the time!)

The other gift I have gotten has come from many different folks but has had the same result. My husband, geo-j; my sister and niece, calicomo & KidWho from Missouri; my friend, woodwalker9; LadyE, Strider, the princesses, bebopishere, and all you wonderful folks on the trails and on the forums ------ have given me the priceless gift of pushing me back on the road to healing. Geocaching has given me SO many memories of good times with Mark, of meeting folks and teaching Mark that good people are all around us.

May God bless each and every one of you richly in this new year.
    Thank you,
    Beth (and always - Mark)
    >^..^<

Topkitty I'm glad you are feeling better I hope you have a great 2005.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: What Did You Get for Christmas??

I told everyone that I would take care of the only thing I wanted for Christmas, one of those 5'+X3' fire proof (well, for 40min.) gun safes to put my filing cabinet and all my photo albums and papers in, that I already had all the tires I can keep aired up...all the hunting things I can keep dry...all the fishing things I can keep wet...all the stuff I can keep dusted..and all the tools I will ever use, but then I saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Griswolds
    ../.. Mine was a fishing vest with about 25 pockets. I filled it up with all the geocaching stuff we used to carry around in a backpack: swag, pens, batteries, flashlight, ziplock bags../..
    So I extended Christmas to noon today and got 22 more pockets to fill. Now I DO have everything. That was a great thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    but then I saw this:
    ../.. Mine was a fishing vest with about 25 pockets. I filled it up with all the geocaching stuff we used to carry around in a backpack: swag, pens, batteries, flashlight, ziplock bags../..
    So I extended Christmas to noon today and got 22 more pockets to fill. Now I DO have everything. That was a great thanks for sharing it.
    You know, I even found myself looking at those vests in Wal-Mart just last weekend! Yes, it is a great idea. But Clark, I have to ask: Where do you put your larger trade items like laptops, bowling balls, briefcases full of money, etc....
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    but then I saw this:
    You know, I even found myself looking at those vests in Wal-Mart just last weekend! Yes, it is a great idea. But Clark, I have to ask: Where do you put your larger trade items like laptops, bowling balls, briefcases full of money, etc....
    Gaddiel Those are in MY truck well atleast the briefcase is.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Phantom_491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    Gaddiel Those are in MY truck well atleast the briefcase is.
    But is it (The Briefcase) full of Money? If it is which cache are you putting it in, and when?