Thread: Geocaching on Channel 7 News

Geocaching on Channel 7 News

A reporter from channel 7 went geocaching in MacArthur Park.

http://www.katv.com/video?autoStart=...&partnerclipid
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Thanks for sharing this! I don't watch local news anymore. Guess I should start again!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." briansnat

TnT got channel 5 (kfsm) to do an article recently as well. Don't have the link handy. Will link when i can find it.

That's a lot of fun. Onward....

Thanks for sharing this!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

I believe tat was Kim, kjw0169, in that story. Well done and thanks for representing us well! Someone correct me
    if I am wrong.

I paused the video around 2:25 to look for any cachers I knew. If I'd found that cache a bit sooner, I could have been on the news! Nice story.
    title=The Daily Cacher:  Awarded for having 7 or more consecutive days with finds  |  dcwalker30 has 366 and needs 0 to go up a leveltitle=The Calendar Cacher:  Awarded for having found a cache on 100 or more different dates  |  dcwalker30 has 366 and needs 0 to go up a leveltitle=The Author:  Awarded for having an average log length of 30 words  |  dcwalker30 has approximately 150 words/log and needs 0 to go up a leveltitle=The Busy Cacher:  Awarded for finding 20 or more caches in a single day  |  dcwalker30 has 124 and needs 180 to go up a leveltitle=The Brainiac:  Awarded for finding 2 or more Difficulty 5 caches  |  dcwalker30 has 12 and needs 3 to go up a leveltitle=The Long-Distance Cacher:  Awarded for finding a cache at least 1000 km from home  |  dcwalker30 has geocached 2089km from home and needs to geocache 2900km to go up a leveltitle=The Matrix Cacher:  Awarded for finding 20 caches with unique Difficulty/Terrain ratings  |  dcwalker30 has 49 and needs 1 to go up a leveltitle=The United States Cacher:  Awarded for finding caches in a percentage of states in United States  |  dcwalker30 has 20% (10 of 50 states) and needs 10% more to go up a leveltitle=The Micro Cacher:  Awarded for finding 200 or more micro sized cache containers  |  dcwalker30 has 497 and needs 3 to go up a leveltitle=The Geocacher:  Awarded for finding 500 or more geocaches (any type)  |  dcwalker30 has 735 and needs 265 to go up a leveltitle=The Traditional Cacher:  Awarded for finding 400 or more Traditional type caches  |  dcwalker30 has 683 and needs 317 to go up a leveltitle=The Large Cacher:  Awarded for finding 3 or more large sized cache containers  |  dcwalker30 has 4 and needs 6 to go up a leveltitle=The Caching Veteran:  Awarded for finding a cache in 3 different years  |  dcwalker30 has 3 and needs 1 to go up a leveltitle=The Shutterbug:  Awarded for a photo gallery count of 50 or more photos  |  dcwalker30 has 56 and needs 19 to go up a leveltitle=The Travel Bug:  Awarded for moving/discovering 50 Travel Bugs  |  dcwalker30 has 77 and needs 23 to go up a level