Thread: Missing balloon payload

webpaul Guest

Missing balloon payload

I lost a balloon payload in the area south of Lewisville, Arkansas. Below in the image is where I think the most likely location is. I drove around on the country roads back there and didn't see it, but the woods are quite thick so it could be in a tree or something. There is about $400 worth of equipment in it with the data radio and cell phone that I'm willing to let the finder keep if they can send me the SD cards or the data on them or we can work something else out. It isn't still actively beaconing so I'm guessing as to the area but it was in free fall and actively beaconing until that time. For more information, see this discussion on it:

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/

Here is a link to the aprs site if you want to see the raw beacons and make your own determination where it is based on its beacons. It was beaconing at the rate of about every 25 seconds, but not every beacon is heard and logged.

http://aprs.fi/?call=a%2FKF5JSJ-1&dt...timerange=3600
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by webpaul; 05-04-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: add aprs link

Well, if it were winter - I would probably go looking for it. Just for the heck of it. Being the time of year it is and with crawly things all over the place, I'll wait and see if anyone ventures out to find it!

webpaul Guest

Weather

I saw some turkeys and a few other animals in there so it could be quite an adventure. If you change your mind I can give more info, here is a picture of the area, I did drive around for quite a while seeing if I could see it from the road but wasn't really equipped to go hacking my way through thick forest. I believe it is in the area between Highway 29, Highway 313 and County road 18.
    Attached Images Attached Images

webpaul Guest
    I've gotten a few people interesting in driving up there and having a look the weekend of May 14th, not this weekend but next. If anyone wants to join in, email hunt at webpaul dot net to work out the logistics. Or if you are interested in the original proposal, find it before then.

TinmanJones Guest
    Is there an update on this adventure? Sounds kind of fun, but as Ron said, in the winter.

I guess this payload is still Lost?
    KoonandBud