Thread: State Capitol steps

Question State Capitol steps

Why does the benchmark on the state Capitol steps(little rock reset) have 2004 on it instead of the original 1975. Is this not the little rock reset? Have I been duped?
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Ashallond Guest
    hmm, if you look at the pictures, it seems the 1975 one was in a 3 foot tall monument.

Looks like the original zero mile monument was removed and instead you got a plaque of "hey, we re-landscaped everything.

Refer to ettabrowneyes post here.
    http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=EJ0276

The last logs that are of the original was in 2004. And that is the same year that is on the new disk. So you are probably right about the whole re-landscaped thing. Thanks.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Ashallond Guest
    Which kind of sucks...I liked the old one better than the new one.

Extremely late response, but the Zero Mile Marker is located at N 34 44.680 W 092 17.274 in front of the Arkansas Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors' office building. This appears to have been removed in the 2004 Capitol grounds remodeling and then rededicated here in 2009. Essentially across the street from the capitol building and south towards 630, hard to miss once you know where to look and easy to get to using sidewalks.
    Last edited by twoodso; 05-19-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoodso View Post
    Extremely late response, but the Zero Mile Marker is located at N 34 44.680 W 092 17.274 in front of the Arkansas Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors' office building. This was appears to have been removed in the 2004 Capitol grounds remodeling and then rededicated here in 2009. Essentially across the street from the capitol building and south towards 630, hard to miss once you know where to look and easy to get to using sidewalks.
    Thanks for pointing out the new location of the marker, Tim. I will seek it out on my next visit to that area!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen