Thread: pq's on all my finds...why don't it work?

pq's on all my finds...why don't it work?

I was going to run a pq on all the caches we have found and it comes back with WAYYY less than what we have found. The reason is a good chuck have been archived and it only returns unarchived caches. Is there a way to get geocaching.com to send ALL my cache find regardless of status? The active ones's will work for me if I can just get them all to show up. The oldest cache I have that is not marked as unavailable in gsak is gcty8m and we found it on 2/4/2007...but this cache does not show up in our pocket query of "found cahces by us" Any thoughts? If any of you run a pocket query against your finds and what is currently active finds in gsak do you get same number?

Did you use the specific My Finds query found below your list of the PQs you created? I have run that in the past and have had no problems with it showing me the correct numbers, including archived caches, when I loaded the resulting zipped file into GSAK. I just ran it a few minutes ago and it is showing the correct total for my finds, including one I logged about an hour ago.

If you set up your own PQ for your finds, I can't help you, as I have never tried that myself. But I believe that the PQs you create yourself are only limited to active caches (i.e., caches which have not been archived). Disabled caches are still considered active and will show up on your PQ unless you select the box to filter them out.
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 08-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Like Old River Runner, I always use the 'My Finds' 'Add to Queue' button at the bottom of the Pocket Queries page. I just ran mine and it did list all of my finds, both active and archived.

I just ran mine a few days ago and all of them showed up. The archieved ones showed as archieved but they were still there. The only thing that dosen't show up is the temporary caches at events. but I only have a few of those.

that worked, I forgot all about that query. Now i'll just have to see if the explorist GC recognizes all my finds so I get smiley's on the ones I find when I load them up. I am one of those weird one's who likes to have the one's I've found in the gps just in case someone had a question about it I can probably help them out.

The explorist has its own internal file that keeps track of your logs. If you delete the file or clear it, your found records are removed from it. There may be a macro for GSAK (would likely be easy to create one) that creates the text file in the required format.

I looked for the file and couldn't find it, I read on another forum it is kept internal on it's database which is a version of sql lite. Eitherway, I just uploaded my found query and marking them all as found...Not too bad for us considering we have just over 300 finds, but for someone like Cooder or something, this would be very boring. Seems the other explorists models had this same issue and there was supposed to be a fix/code release that would allow users to just drop the "My Finds" query.gpx directly on the unit and it pick it up and all.

Our explorist gc, at one point or another, kept the list of finds in a simple text file called newlogs.txt in the geocaches folder (I think that's what it was called, anyway). If you deleted that file, it cleared your finds.