Thread: quick logs or no?

quick logs or no?

We use cachesense for my blackberry. Its a great app. It lets us search right from the app for nearest caches and lets us navigate to there from our current location, then we use the radar to get us to GZ. I love the app and its working out great for us thus far.
    The app has a quick log feature that allows us to log a find as soon as we find it. I set ours up to say that we will edit the details later. I like this feature because it allows me to not have to worry about remembering which ones we found and the ones we couldn't find. I just log in to the website later and edit the entry to give all the juicy details. My question is this: As cache owners would you rather we wait and just log them in when we get home or is this O.K. with you? Do you get the email from when we do the quick log, then not get one when we edit? Is it annoying to see the "this log was edited by thefab5willisclan on XX/XX/XXXX at the end of all our posts? Do you get 2 emails every time we find a log, and is this annoying? We just don't want to be the ones that do things different. We want to make everyone happy! Cause Happy Cachers hide better caches, I guess! Any comment will be appreciated.

From thefab5willisclan

fab5,

Here is my opinion on it. Geocache in what ever way makes you happy and gives you the most enjoyment and you are doing it right. If the program helps you and makes it easier for you I think that is great.

There has always been great debate over online logs and it sometimes stirs up much debate. I have seen time and time again where cachers have logged a cache online with a comment that says it was logged with their phone and they never edit it. As a cache owner I would love it if someone wrote something more than a "Found it' on an online log, but if not I'm not going to have a meltdown either.

I have never deleted a log on any of my cache hides, even when there have been some logged online that I never found a signature for them on the physical log. I feel the only one cheated is them, not me. There are no logging requirements from geocaching.com, and there has been much debate over it. There are cachers in the past who threatened to delete "cut and paste" or short logs. Geocaching.com of course has said that that should not be done and an "additional logging requirement" can only be on a challenge cache.

I guess in a nutshell I don't think you can make everyone happy, the important one to make happy is you and your family. I don't think cachers should have to ask cachers how they think the others should geocache or log geocaches, but there are always some out there that are critical about it.

Also, I think that the only e-mail a cache owner gets is when the cache is first logged. There is an item in the feedback forum on Geocaching.com I that have noticed is under review to send an e-mail to a cache owner when a log is edited.

I have found a better way to use my quick log now. I changed it to upload it as a field note, so now it don't log it till I get home. But it shows up for me to know which ones I've found.

Seeing if my posts have my stats on them now
    Profile for thefab5willisclan