Thread: Is That Rail Line REALLY Inactive???

Is That Rail Line REALLY Inactive???

Just because it looks a little overgrown, it doesn't mean that it is not being used! If the rails are still there, well, you never know!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I didn't think you could hide caches on RR property. I also would assume that "abandoned" lines would still be owned by the RR company, or they would at least own the right of way. I have found a few caches on Rail lines and I still look Both ways and listen up for horns.

They never said anything about a geocache being there, but i can see the confusion. That's wild though can you imagine cruising an "abandoned" railroad track to see where it leads, and suddenly your forced to swerve out of the way of a train for your life. Talk about the rush of your life thanks for sharing that vid I'll be showing others for sure.
    Im a geo -junkie and i need my fix!

Could you imagine cleaning the front of that vehicle??

pshelto Guest
    We have quite a few rails here in Camden and I of ten wonder if they are EVER used. Of course, no caches on them, but I still find myself biking near them.

Scary!!!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan