Thread: Summer Bugs in Arkansas

Summer Bugs in Arkansas

So I have read a lot of posts about the critters in Arkansas. In an earlier post by another cacher, Arkfiremedic mentioned a bug spray to use. I spent 14.99 on a spray from amazon.com. No tax and no shipping costs. It arrived at my house in two days and I was ready to "test" it out. I sprayed my clothes the night before a caching trip. We cached all through the woods from 8 am to about 3pm. I am reporting ZERO bug bites!! I am loved by chiggers, but not this time! I want to thank Arfiremedic for getting me onto this product. It also lasts through 6 washings. It is Sawyer premium insect repellent for clothing & gear. Model# SP657. Again no need to spray your skin. Just your clothes, it's oderless and containes 0.5% Permethrin

And I was wearing shorts!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    Sweet. Looks like I'll be ordering some. Thanks for the review.

Rhone and I have been using this for years. He has better results with it than I. I must be producing so pheromone that the bugs and especially ticks like, but this product and Permanon plus a Deet based spray is about the best you can do. Good luck..

I'm glad you got good results with it, I have. I'm sure in ten years or so they will say how it is actually killing us like everything else out there that works.