Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet us at the Lake

Meet us at the Lake

The River Valley Geocachers (Russellville area) cordially invite all our geofriends from parts unknown to join us at Lake Dardanelle State Park on the evening of August 29th. We are going to try a few new things for this meet and greet. We will have a catered barbeque meal, share sessions on tech things like GSAK, and the start of a year long Travel Bug Race. Please indicate a "will attend" so we can plan the number of meals. The cost of the meal is $8 and includes soft drinks.

Meet Us At the Lake GC311BN
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 07-29-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added Link

Got it on there pretty late, we should be able to make this one!

Ashallond Guest
    No can do.

school already started in FS by then. No way i'd get back in any decent time.

Looks like this is going to fall on one of my days off so I should be able to make it. Sounds like a lot of good activities are planned.

Quote Originally Posted by cardsfans55 View Post
    Who's catering the BBQ?
    Fat Daddy's
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Is there any way we can help? Donate paper goods, or pick-up something at the store that am. Please let us know, NW & RBG

Some details about the "Meet us at the Lake "Event": 1st the very informal but fun Travel Bug Race. Please bring an unactivated or unreleased bug to the event if you would like to participate. If you would like to send one by someone who will attend that will work. The bugs will be released the evening of the Meet us at the Lake extravaganza.
    The meal is catered by Fat Daddy's of Russellville and the cost is $8 per adult and $4 for kids. I guess a kid is under 12.
    Drinks are included. Please feel free to bring outside food or not eat if you so choose.
    After the stories, questions, and lies that have become a part of our meet, greet, and eat events, we will have a technology open forum. We hope CFD29 can lead that part of the meeting. We will have a laptop and the Internet. If someone has a projector and a screen that would be a great help, but I think I can get one from school.
    Come meet us at the lake for a twist on the usual meet an greet.

We received your note and will definitely bring ice. Thanks for organizing this fun event and we look forward to seeing everyone

Does the lake not have or offer a projector for use?

Also, is there any cost associated with the facilitates use that we can help with?

A reminder to those attendiing our little get together. Please remember to bring your unactivated or unreleased Trevel Bugs for the Great Travel Bug race. You may also send one with someone attending. Thanks to those who have offered help. The food comes with all the paper products and we have ice and drinks covered so we think we are ready to go.

One last reminder. If you have not done so, please sign up on the Geocaching.com site so we can plan the number of meals.