Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board Meeting Minutes - July 22, 2011

I'm not saying that, as I don't know. I was just attempting to clarify what appeared to be a source of confusion in the wording of the standing rules.

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting, but I sure was excited to see that our meet and greet held in Texarkana was on the minutes!! I am really excited that I get to be a part of this great organization, I just hope that I get emails letting me know when I need to do something or getting event information. I do try and look at this site, but sometimes I forget (or run out of time,lol). The only added comments that I have, is that I saw you were looking at talking to law enforcement agencies. I just wanted to offer my assistance in the Southwest. I happen to be a 911 dispatcher in Texarkana, so I dispatch for the cities of Texarkana, AR and Texarkana, TX and the sheriff's office as well on TX side, but I also volunteer daily with a taskforce and we partner with 6 law enforcement agencies in our region so I have names I can pass on, or would be more than happy to set up those meetings for you or do them if it would help. And also, as I have been posting everywhere, the Texarkana geocachers are planning our next event to be held in Fouke, AR on October 21st. This will be our biggest event yet, so Im hoping to have a great turnout. We have a special "monster" in our area called the Fouke Monster, or you might have heard of him referred to as 'The Legend of Boggy Creek'. Well, we will be going on a hayride in his neck of the woods in search for our legend. We will also have food, games for all ages, and a special surprise for all in attendance. It's not something you will physically receive, but it will be great and a first for our community, and those in attendance will be a part of it. I do have one question though, I see that you can get a special souvenir for having 500 in attendance? How would I go about making sure that we could get that for our event, just in case we happen to reach that goal?

I have the Southwest part of the State this year, so I'd love to talk/e-mail to you about having a ArkGeo sponsored meet and greet, maybe in Hope. As for the special souvenir for 500 in attendance, I don't know about that, but if you have 500 in attendance for you October event, I will personally give you guys a recognition plaque. That would be awesome!!!

Here is the trading card the board approved. They should be in soon. They will be great to drop in caches to promote our organization.
    ArkGeo-trading-Card-Front1.jpgArkGeo-trading-Card-back1.jpg

Just email me or you can call me at 903-748-0782 and I'll be happy to assist. And about the 500, that's not a huge goal at this point, but just curious to know how it works as we get closer. I know we will have several people there that aren't geocachers (yet), so that would account for greater numbers than what we have on the geocaching website. Thank you for your assistance.